14- Honoured to Accept His Invitation

The past few days had been a bit off for (Y/n).

She never really felt like herself, but she couldn't quite place why. Her friends kept asking her what was wrong, but she never had an answer for them.

Something was wrong in her head, and it was driving her crazy not knowing what it was.

Today, (Y/n) sat on the railing watching Sokka as he doodled on pieces of paper strewn across the floor. Toph relaxed beside him, letting Momo lick at her feet.

Weird.

Sokka looked adorable as his tongue poked out from his lips in concentration. (Y/n) hugged her knees to her chest, and leaned her cheek on one of her knees as she watched him. He had that crinkle between his brows again.

Sokka looked up from the floor. "What're you staring at?"

(Y/n) coughed. "Nothin'."

Sokka chuckled. "Weirdo."

(Y/n) was about to retaliate, until she heard the front door open. Aang and Katara ran in together.

"We found a printer to make our posters!" Katara held up a piece of paper, which was a missing poster for Appa.

Sokka sits up on the floor. "Hey, I thought designing the "Lost Appa" poster was my job," Sokka holds up the worst drawing (Y/n) had ever seen. "I've been working all day on my Appa."

(Y/n) snorts and tries to hide her laughter.

Aang groans. "Sokka, the arrow is on Appa's head."

Sokka points to his poster. "This is his head."

Katara takes the poster from her brother. "Why are feet coming out of it?"

Sokka rips the poster from Katara's hands. "Those are his horns!" His head hangs low in embarrassment. "I haven't seen him in a while, okay?"

"It looks just like him to me!" Toph says cheerily.

"Thank you, I worked really..." Sokka beams with the compliment, then his face falls again. "Why do you feel the need to do that?"

(Y/n) laughs loudly, causing Sokka to glare at her, then slowly rip up his poster.

Aang sets off to drop the Appa leaflets around the city. While the other wait, it's pretty quiet in the house. Sokka and Katara play some game with tiles, Toph is throwing a ball against the wall, and (Y/n) takes to watering the plants that were inside the house.

After a while, the door flies open. Aang rushes in with Momo. "I just finished dropped all the leaflets. Has anyone come in with news about Appa?"

"It's only been a day. Be patient, Aang." (Y/n) says.

Aang sits at the table with Sokka and Katara, and as soon as he does, someone knocks on the door.

"Wow, you're right! Patience really pays off!" Aang exclaims, running to the door.

He opens the door, revealing Joo Dee standing on their porch. The same Joo Dee that they had met when they first got to the city. (Y/n) thought she had disappeared?

"Joo Dee?" Aang asks.

"Hello Aang and Katara and Sokka and Toph and (Y/n)." Joo Dee says.

Everyone else walks to the door to see Joo Dee.

"What happened to you? Did the Dai Li throw you in jail?" Sokka asks.

"What? Jail? Of course not. The Dai Li are the protectors of our cultural heritage." Joo Dee assures.