6~ Revealed

After flying around for a short while, they had finally decided on a place to camp out for the night.

Toph hopped off of Appa. "Hey, you guys picked a great campsite. The grass is so soft." She felt around on the ground with her feet.

Underneath her feet was a ton of Appa's fur, with more coming off every second.

"That's not grass. Appa's shedding." Sokka said, taking a pack that Aang was passing down to him.

"Oh, gross." Katara exclaimed with a disgusted face, trying to keep her feet off of the fur.

"That's not gross. It's just a part of spring. You know, rebirth, flowers blooming, and Appa gets a new coat." Aang explained. A bird had landed on his head while a butterfly flew by, with Momo trying to catch either one.

"Ahh, the beauty of spring." (Y/n) said sarcastically.

Apparently, Appa didn't like that. He sneezed, and the force of the sneeze made a whole other layer of fur come off.

Katara began to cough, trying to pull fur from her mouth. (Y/n) had the sense to close her mouth.

"It's not that bad, Katara. It makes a great wig!" Sokka had taken some of the loose fur, and put it on his head.

Aang jumped down, sporting a beard made from the fur.

The boys began laughing at each other as they tried new things with the fur.

Katara cringed. "I'm just glad the girls outnumber the boys, because you two are disgusting."

"Excuse me," Toph said, coming between Sokka and Aang. "Does anyone have a razor? Because I got some hairy pits!" Toph put her hands behind her head, and fur had been stuffed in her shirt sleeves.

The three began laughing to each other, before sneezing all of their new hair away.

Katara and (Y/n) laughed to themselves, then continued to unload the saddle with their things.

(Y/n) secretly put some of the fur on her face to make her eyebrows bushier, just to see how long it would take anyone to notice.

It took a lot longer than she had expected. She thought her friends were smarter than this.

It was finally noticed when Sokka put down some firewood, while (Y/n) began to unroll the packs.

"Hey, what's up with your eyebrows?" Sokka asked.

"Took you long enough." (Y/n) took the fur down from her face, rolling her eyes.

Sokka just looked confused. "Is that Appa's fur?"

(Y/n) nodded. "I've had this itchy stuff on my face for two hours now. I thought you were the smart guy in the group."

"Hey, it's not like I spend all day staring at your face, waiting for something to change." Sokka smiled, leaning down to help her unroll the rest of the packs.

"Yeah, yeah. Just help me with—"

"I don't understand, what's the problem here?" Toph yelled.

Katara huffed, walking back to Sokka and (Y/n).

"Woah, what's happening?" (Y/n) asked.

"Toph won't help us set up. Says she can 'carry her own weight'." Katara crossed her arms in front of her chest.

"There's not much left to do anyway. We'll just take Appa's saddle off, then settle in for bed. We can tell her about how we all help each other out later." (Y/n) smiled.