Chapter 20 - The Past

TWs: mentions of abuse, mentions of death, mentions of neglect(?)

-Wilbur's POV-

"Hey Tommy?" I asked one day when we were both just chilling in our room.

"Yeah, Will?"

"I was wondering, did I ever tell you what my life was like before I got here?"

"...No."

"Actually, now that I think about it, do you know about Philza or Will either?"

"No, I really don't. Do you want to share?"

"That would be a good idea, but I'm not going to share for Philza or Will, they should do that themselves. What if we call a meeting (1.) and discuss it there?"

"Ok."

-Tommy's POV-

That sounds cool, I'd love to get to know them better. Wait, Does that mean I'll have to share about myself? I'm not sure if I'm ready to live through those memories yet. Phil sort of already knows, but not fully, and no one else does.

I mean, they probably won't make me share if I don't want to. I ignore that and decide to worry about it later.

Later

Wilbur and I headed to the meeting and find Phil and Techno already in the room.

"Hey mate, why'd you call a meeting?" Phil asked Will.

"Well, I just realized that we haven't all shared our stories for how we got here. I know you two shared with each other, and if you aren't comfortable sharing again that's fine, same for you Tommy, but at the very least I can tell you all what I went through and if you want to add on with your stories you can. This isn't a contest of who's life sucks the most, but now you'll be able to see where I'm coming from and vice versa." Will explained. I was relieved that I wouldn't have to share.

"So, I guess I'll start, since it was my idea. (2.) My mom was not a very nice person, and soon after I was born, my parents got a divorce. Since at that time, my mom was just a jerk and not actually abusive, and because my dad initiated the divorce, all custody of me went to my mom. (3.) My dad still had to pay child support or whatever it's called and legally that money had to be spent on me specifically. My mom spent it on getting me a babysitter so she had less work to do, and my babysitter, Mikey, was the one nice person in my life, since everyone at school treated me indifferently. They were kind of jerks. Anyway, my mom started to get more and more abusive after the divorce, so I just lived with that for the majority of my life. Eventually, Mikey began to suspect that something was going on, and she reported it. They did the investigation, and after doing many things to try to help my mom, which all failed because she honestly didn't care, I was taken here. And the rest is history."

"Oh wow, I'm sorry mate." He moves between me and Tommy and hugs me, and I hug him back.

"But I'm fine now, hanging out with you guys as part of an actual family: well, emotionally anyway, has been slowly healing me."

"Don't you love it when you get thanked for things you didn't even know you were doing? Techno commented.

"I guess that explains the comment you made the day you met Fundy." Phil added.

I remember that, because I was scared it would make everyone concerned, but I'd assumed they'd all forgotten.

"You remember that?" I asked.

Phil replied, "Yeah, but I didn't want to say anything about it until you were ready."

"... Thanks."

"What are you guys talking about?" Tommy asked.