Chapter 3 - A New Roommate?

A/N: For convenience's sake, it's now summer break, so Phil leaves for his job every day instead of school. I'm kind of just doing this because I doubt he'd come to the orphanage with money, but I kind of want him to have some in case he needs to buy anything in the near future.

~Philza's POV~

The week is finally up, and tomorrow my new roommate will arrive. Apparently it's a boy who's a year younger than me named Technoblade? That's a very... interesting name. I've never met someone who literally has the name "blade" in their name. Then again, he didn't choose his name, so maybe he's actually a really nice person who just has a really weird name? You never know. Either way, he's coming tomorrow. I've decided that I like the top bunk better because I can kind of fly up to the bunk bed, which is fun, so I prepared the bottom bunk for Technoblade. Over this week, with the bit of money that I've made, I've replaced a couple of things to make them look nicer, such as a blanket to go on top of my bed, and also to differentiate it from Technoblade's, and a few desk decorations

The Next Day

I'm on my way home from work. When I left, Technoblade hadn't arrived yet, but he's probably gotten to the orphanage and is somewhat settled in by now. I get off of the bus and walk to my room. When I get to the door, it's closed, so I'm assuming he's in the room. I knock on the door.

"Go away!" I hear a deep voice say. Well that's not intimidating at all.

"This is my room too, so if you want I can go away for a few minutes, but I do need to get in here."

"Oh, you're my roommate? I guess I can't keep you from coming in."

I open the door and walk in. Technoblade is sitting on the bottom bunk, reading The Art of War. Interesting choice, but I won't judge. "Hi, I'm Phil. Technoblade, correct?"

"Just because I have to share a room with you doesn't mean I have to talk to you."

Well that's kind of rude. I mentally sigh and put stuff away.

"Dinner's in an hour." I then leave to look up more psychology stuff online on the slow computers. Even though it's too late to help my parents get back together, psychology is interesting. Also, if fighting because of unresolved issues can lead to kids ending up in an orphanage, it's important to be able to help people solve their problems if possible.

A/N: So, I really wanted to use the "I figured out this genius plan to make up for my lack of social skills, which was just to stand there and look approachable until an extrovert takes pity on me and adopts me. And it worked completely!" quote from Technoblade's video (referring to Philza in Minecraft Monday) (let me know in the comments if you want me to link the video and timestamp), but it didn't end up really fitting with Technoblade's character since he doesn't really want to be "adopted". So that's why it's here, in the author's note.

Chapter word count: 377 (oh wow this is even shorter than the last chapter!)

Total word count: 556