Chapter 15 - Meeting Tommy

A/N: This should be obvious, but I'll say it just in case. When I say "roommate", think college dorm roommate type of a thing, where you get put with someone, usually randomly, who though you may not be best friends with them, you generally don't want them to hate you because they live with you. I don't mean the romantic kind of roommate, once again there is no romance whatsoever in this story.

-Wilbur's POV-

I'm pretty sure I don't want to room with this Tommy person. Like, I don't know this guy, what if he's a jerk? But I didn't want to tell Phil that immediately after he asked me, so I said I'd think about it. Of course, Phil wants me to, but he's unreasonably nice.

Later that night, I realized that I left something in Phil and Techno's room. I head over there and hear muffled talking. When I knock on the door, it falls silent and I hear Phil call, "Come in!". Open the door and grab the thing that I need, then leave to go back to my room, and as I close the door I hear them resume their conversation.

I return to my quiet room. I'm kind of bored, and it's almost 10:00pm (22:00 for 24-hour people) and we aren't allowed to play music out loud after 10. That includes playing music on a guitar. I actually did my homework already, too, because Phil is in his "I can't mind my own business" phase, and makes sure I get my homework done and Techno goes to bed at a reasonable time.

I decided to take a shower. While in the shower, I start thinking about random stuff, and one of the things that comes up is how nice it is that Techno and Phil can talk to each other about random stuff before they go to bed. I'm a very social person, an extrovert so to speak, and part of that is that I get energy from being with other people. It can be kind of depressing when I'm just alone in my room.

You know, maybe having a roommate wouldn't be all that bad after all. Of course, I don't want a roommate. They can be an invasion of privacy, loud, you actually have to be nice to them so they don't hate you, even if they're a total brat, also if they're mean, you're stuck with them.

But if the workers at the orphanage decide to pair me with this Tommy fellow, maybe it wouldn't be all bad to have someone that you're stuck sharing a room with for better or worse until you turn 18.

I finish the shower and go to bed, now thinking about an annoying classmate at school.

And the next morning, when I found out that I'm the only person without a roommate and there's only one empty room, I may or may not have told one of the workers that the empty room has something slightly wrong with it and won't be usable for a bit.

-Nobody's POV-

Eventually, the day arrives that Tommy is supposed to come to the orphanage. That morning at breakfast, a worker says that the committee decided to put Tommy in Wilbur's room.

"Did you ask them to do that?" Phil whispered to Wilbur.

"No, I never talked to them about Tommy at all." Wilbur quietly replied.

"...Are you going to be alright with sharing your room?" Techno asked.

"I mean, there isn't anything that can be done about it now. They've already made the announcement. I'll live."

That day after school, Tommy comes to the orphanage.

Tommy arrives, and the brothers meet him. This is where the author would give a physical description, but she assumes that if you're reading this book, you probably know what Tommy looks like.

A worker shows him around, and he barely talks. To Phil (1), it's obvious that he's a bit overwhelmed by everything, especially since what he's gathered from what the workers have said, whatever made him leave his house happened very recently. Phil manages to get everyone else to leave the room or hallway near where Tommy is.

After the tour, Phil, Techno, and Wilbur introduce themselves.

"Hello Tommy, my name is Phil, or Philza. Nice to meet you." Philza greeted.

"Uh, nice to meet you?" Tommy replied,

After Phil nudges him, Techno says, "Hi, I'm Technoblade."

"What kind of a name is Technoblade?' Tommy asks, seeming to get over his shyness/overwhelmed-ness a bit.

"Bruh." Techno responded.

"He goes by Techno for short." Phil added.

"Alright, weird-name-guy, who's the third person?"

"I'm Wilbur, or Will. I'm also your roommate." Will introduced.

"Okay. Are you guys friends or something?"

"We're brothers" Will said.

"Oh ok. Well anyway, uh, is there anything else you should tell me that the worker people didn't mention?"

"We can show you where Techno and my room is, and a random spare room. Is there anything else worth mentioning?" Phil asked his brothers.

"Not that I can think of."

"Nope"

"Why do I need to know about a random spare room?" Tommy questioned.

"We use it to hang out sometimes, since our bedrooms are small." Wilbur answered.

"Okay?" Tommy wondered if he'd ever really hang out with them there, since he'd feel like he's interrupting a family gathering.

"Alright. Follow us I guess, Tommy." Phil said and started walking away, checking to make sure Tommy was coming.

They show him where Phil and Techno's room is, then go to the meeting room.

"This is where we hang out in our free time if we don't want to be in our rooms and don't want to be bothered by other people here." Wilbur explained.

"Feel free to hang out here any time you want, whether some of us are there or not. If you don't want to talk to us but we're there, we'll usually ignore you unless you talk to us." Phil added.

"Oh, thank you."

Phil and Techno leave to do Phil and Techno stuff.

"Now, have you already put your stuff in our room?" Wilbur asked.

"Yep! I did that during the tour!" Tommy replied.

"Okay. I'm assuming you also learned about the rules of the place and all of that on the tour, so feel free to do whatever you want. I'll be in our room playing guitar, but if you want more time to get your stuff in order and don't want to be distracted, I can move here."

"You play guitar?"

"Yep!"

"That's cool! Can you play in our room while I get my stuff ready?"

"Sure, if it won't be a distraction."

"I'll let you know if it is." And somehow, Wilbur was pretty sure that he would, in fact, inform him if he was being distracting.

 A/Ns:

1. The reason that this is obvious to Phil only is because he takes psychology and has studied about this kind of thing.

A/N: Now the whole gang's here! The book isn't over though, Tommy needs to get adopted into the family and some other scenes need to happen.

Chapter Word Count: 1014:

Total Word Count: 1193