Chapter 14- ¿Número Cuatro? (Number four?)

(1.)

-Even more months later-

(2.)

-3rd Person POV-

Our family is having dinner, like we usually do, when suddenly we get another announcement. The person in charge of the orphanage said, "Hello kids. So, I'm not sure why so many kids have been coming here recently, but there's another kid coming here at the end of this week. His name is Tommy. He's not been assigned a room yet, so we haven't decided where he'll be sleeping."

The group looked at each other, and Techno and Wilbur sighed inwardly, since they all knew what Phil was thinking.

-Phil's POV-

Obviously, I was thinking about how we could welcome Tommy and all that. And obviously, I wanted Wilbur to convince the people that work here to have Tommy stay with him. The rest of the people at this orphanage are kind of jerks, they just completely ignore you and do their own thing, they don't care. I don't know who this kid is, but whoever he is, no matter what events happened that made him end up here, he could use someone being nice and having a roommate who will help him if he needs it. But I obviously need to talk to everyone else about it first. I give them a look meaning "meeting after dinner"

After Dinner

We all meet in the meeting room, and I start out our family meeting.

"So, I'm sure you all know what I'm thinking."

"I do, but I'm not sure why we're having a whole meeting about it." Techno said. "I mean, did we hold a meeting for WIlbur?"

Will responded, "Well, you guys took me on that shopping trip before you knew me, so I'm assuming you two talked about that. And I'm guessing that's what Phil wants to talk about this time too."

"Well, yeah." I confirmed, "I do want to talk to you about making him feel welcome and all that. Wilbur, I personally would like it if you convinced the workers to put Tommy in your room. We all know they'll do that if you ask. Of course, you obviously should only do that if you also think that would be a good idea. You're the one that would have to share a room with him, not me."

"I'm not sure if I want to say "Yes" to that, but I'll think about it."

"Thank you. Anyway, there isn't much else to say, so I guess this meeting is adjourned? Or does anyone else want to give any input?" I ask.

"Are we doing another shopping spree thingy like with Will?" Techno asks.

"Hmm... I'm not sure. Maybe if Will decides to room with Tommy, at the end of Tommy's first week we can give him stuff that we know he likes. And if we don't know, we can ask Will and hopefully at least he'll have a good idea."

"And this is better than the shopping idea how?" Will questioned.

"Well, we aren't copying what we did for you. Also, it probably seemed kind of sketchy the way we asked you, so this is less intimidating hopefully. Also, if he becomes your roommate, it's not like he's completely alone for that first week like you were. We have time to get to know him."

"Alright. Can I go back to playing Minecraft now?" Techno complained. (3.)

"Okay, this meeting is over. Wilbur, you think about it. If you decide not to share your room, though, that's totally fine, so don't worry about me being mad or anything. It's your choice."

We all leave and go off to do our own things. I worked on AP Psychology notes (4.) again, Techno played Minecraft Skyblock and recorded some of it into a video, and Wilbur went off to play his guitar a bit.

A/Ns:

1. Idk why I made the title in Spanish. I guess I wanted the titles to be less repetitive and boring. Then afterwards I realized that most of y'all probably don't know spanish, and might not even know what that title means, hence the translation.

2. No, I didn't forget about Wilbur's backstory slip in the Fundy chapter and forgot to bring it up again. Definitely not. Let's say summer just started again, and Phil is probably preparing to go to college as a psychologist.

3. In case you're wondering why the characters are all acting like the conversation has been going on forever when it really hasn't, it's because I didn't finish the chapter in one sitting, and I keep writing more and then deleting it because it doesn't sound right, so for me I feel like it's taking forever. That's also why this chapter is pretty short and doesn't have a whole lot going on.

4. The reason why whenever Phil is doing homework, it's always AP Psychology notes, is because I have a friend that takes that class and apparently you have to take a lot of notes, so I'm being realistic. My friend said that if she didn't work during the weekends as well, she'd be doing like 3 hours of notes per day. Also, it's the only specific class that I've given him to take.

Chapter Word Count: 615

Total Word Count: 846