Chapter 13 - Guitar

A/N: So yeah, about the last chapter, Fundy probably isn't going to be in the story much, but I included him. That was partially because I needed more chapters, but mostly because it just kind of made sense to add him in the first chapter he appeared, and then I couldn't just not have Wilbur meet him. This story was originally going to be purely SBI, but there are going to be a few exceptions, and this is one. He will also end up as a much bigger character in Brothers? 2 and VoidSlayer77's Brothers? 3. 

Anyway, onto this chapter!

-Phil's POV-

So, I'd been thinking about Wilbur. I really want to get him a guitar at some point because it's obvious he really wants to learn to play it. It's all he talks about sometimes, and whenever we go to the mall, there's a music store and when we're done shopping, he likes to sit in there and admire the guitars. One of the people that works there even lets him play it occasionally, and he really wants to be able to work at the music store when he's old enough.

And since I did get Techno a computer if he paid for half of it, I want to do something similar for WIlbur. But his birthday is 9 months away, and I don't want to wait that long. Also, Wilbur doesn't have a source of income like Techno did. So this is difficult. Of course, the average guitar isn't quite as expensive as the PC I helped Techno buy, but I doubt he'll want me to just randomly get him a gift for no occasion. He can be very independent and stubborn that way.

After thinking about it for a while, I decide I'll buy him a guitar, and after I give it to him, if he complains, I'll figure out a way for him to pay me back then. That might just be me giving Future Phil problems, or maybe a solution will come up.

Of course, I told Techno about my idea too.

"That's a great idea! I would help you pay for it, but since I'm dropping my obstacle course thing, because training for it is too much work, and I'm instead making YouTube videos, I won't be making much money for a while."

"Oh Techno, that's fine! I wasn't telling you this so you'd—"

"Wait, I have an extra hundred from before, you can add that to your funds! I know a nice guitar costs considerably more than that, but like I said—"

"Techno, you really don't need to do this."

"It's fine, Phil. I want to help pay. That way it'll feel like it's partially my gift too. We both know how much he's been wanting a guitar. He's my brother too, Phil."

I could see him realize what he said, and grow red from embarrassment.

"Wait– no– I meant– uh, friend! He's my good friend too!"

I laughed. "It's alright, Techno. I find myself thinking of him that way too sometimes, before I check myself. But I'm glad you're fine with it. I was worried that you'd be jealous that you had to pay for half of your computer but Will gets his guitar for free. Also it's not even for his birthday!"

"No, he can't pay for his, and I wouldn't want him to have to wait until he can. Same with the birthday, it's too far away. But if I were you, I'd make him do my chores for a few weeks to make it up or something."

"I had the same thought process as you. But good idea with the chores, if he feels obligated to pay for the guitar, maybe he can pay me back with chores."

'No problem. I'm really glad you're doing this. I would, but as I said before, I'm not really overflowing with money right now. Hopefully I get popular on YouTube and it starts making me money, but that doesn't happen to that many people so it might just be wishful thinking."

"Aww mate. I can tell you really enjoy it, so even if eventually you have to get a job and spend a lot of time doing other stuff, keep working on your channel."