Intro- A/N

Hey! This is my first dsmp fanfiction, and the second fanfiction I've ever made, so I'm kinda rusty. Although some of the characters act like the actual people (for example, Wilbur plays the guitar. I took that fact from the actual person that wrote Your New Girlfriend, among many other songs, not from dsmp!Wilbur, who although he wrote a song, doesn't play the guitar because guitars don't exist in Minecraft), I am not in any way, shape, or form saying that any of these things or these problems that the characters work through are things that the real people are going through. Most of the backstories for the characters are copied from characters' backstories in a book series I read, and some of the events are too.

I can't really say this is an original idea because I copied many parts of it from the book series, but I've never read a DSMP story with this idea before. If anyone else has seen it or a similar idea written somewhere else, please let me know, I'd be very interested to read it! Also to be clear, the part of the book series that I took inspiration from is pretty minor and I did write a lot myself, so I didn't just copy paste the story and swap out names. I'm not plagiarizing.

The story starts out being from Philza's perspective, but that will change after the first few chapters. Philza's POV is the main one though because my version of Phil is the most similar to myself.

I don't actually know anything about orphanages and how they work, so in the very likely chance that I wrote the way an orphanage works incorrectly, just say it's part of the AU that this story takes place in. That is also going to apply to just anything that I don't want to make realistic.

Since "Feedback is the breakfast of a champion", if you read my story, can you please comment what you think, what parts you liked or dislike, etc, especially if you see that not a lot of people have commented? It makes it a lot more fun and motivating to write. And this applies to any writer, not just me, so also leave comments for other people's stories if you can.

This book and the sequel, Brothers 2, are completed. Those are the only two I wrote, so I won't be working on this anymore. I will still reply to comments though. Brothers 3, written by VoidSlayer77 on AO3, is still in progress.

Also, I wrote the first part of this in present tense to challenge myself because I usually write everything in past tense, (but the end I just wrote in past tense because I gave up) so please let me know if I mess up on the grammar. Thanks!

Enjoy the story!