Chapter 5 - Missing?

-Phil's POV-

After I got the dog, Techno has been spending the most time with it, has been playing outside with it, and has been the most paranoid about room checks. He named it Hound, since he thought it sounded cool, like a battle dog or something. He isn't any more excited to talk to me though. Oh well. After a few weeks of having Hound with us, Hound ran away while we were at dinner. Fortunately Hound didn't break anything upon leaving, make footprints, or anything else that made his presence known. But Techno is angry.

"Phil! He's your dog! You found him! Why did you let him run away?! You need to take care of him and find him!"

That isn't the response I had been expecting, but regardless, Hound has been a good thing for Techno so I guess I'll go find him. I knew Techno wouldn't look for him because he's always paranoid about room checks, and even though Hound is gone, that doesn't mean that there aren't any paw prints, chew marks, etc around the room that might give the dog's presence away.

It takes several hours, but eventually I find Hound and take it back home. Hound seemed to have just gotten excited about something else and lost track of where it was, since apparently Techno's dog didn't inherit his good direction sense. Oh well, hopefully Hound's learned his lesson.

When I brought Hound back, Techno picked the dog up and said "Glad to see you took proper care of your dog and didn't let it run away"

"Well, we're stuck rooming together in this room for better or for worse, so I might as well not have you hate me."

A/Ns:

Oh wow, this chapter is very short. Later chapters are longer, trust me. And if you haven't left your room in over 2 hours, I command you to drink some water before continuing either this story or any other one. Or even before doing that homework that you procrastinated on. Thanks!

Chapter word count: 286

Total word count: 344