***

"I'm so sorry you had to go through all that. How can a father be so cruel to her only daughter? And the brothers, what is up with them? Why would they hate you?" Tyler said, both angrily and concerned.

"You know, the day I was born, as soon as Robert had laid his eyes on me, he was disgusted enough to have turned around. Never did he ever held me in his arms. He was too disgusted to even address me as his daughter. While, for the boys, they used to say I was weak, soft and couldn't even defend myself, which was true, actually. Up until I was nine, which was when my parents got a divorce, I couldn't even slap someone, let alone fight with them for my own self. They, too had wanted a brother instead of me, since they would say a girl couldn't be a part of the mafia." I told them, chuckling softly at the last two sentences while feeling two shocked gazes at me.

"What do you mean mafia? You mean, the rumours of them being in the mafia are true? And the divorce?" Theo asked shocked.

"Hmm, they are. That's another reason why they didn't want me, for a girl was always either considered as a threat to the mafia, since they could easily be targetted, or were seen as a disgrace, as nobody liked to see a girl ruling a mafia. So, everytime a daughter was born in a mafia family, she would either be killed before or after birth or would be arranged with the heir of another mafia when she turned 18."

Flashback

"What do you mean?! What is this?!" Diana asked with welled up eyes, not letting the tears fall as she looked through the divorce papers again and again with shaky hands. She couldn't believe the man she loved with her whole heart, who loved her more dearly than anyone, whom she worshipped like her god would ever take this step of freeing her from the relationship, he had promised to protect with all his life.

She was in disbelief to see the papers, while on the other hand, Robert seemed unfazed with it, looking at her with hollow eyes, which turned into raging ones when he set them on his daughter, wo was shedding tears uncontrollably, her whole form shaking with sobs, not wanting to accept that her father was kicking her and her mother out of their house, that, too on her ninth birthday. It was a surprise she was never going to forget.

"I have already signed them a few weeks back, and was now waiting for the right moment to make you sign them and leave my house. I no longer want you and this disgrace in my life. Sign them right now and leave, all of your stuff is already packed and is waiting at the door." He said nonchalantly, and Diana couldn't help this time, but let the caged tears leave her eyes, cascading down her face all the way to her throat, where, lay a big, purple bruise, caused by him a couple of days ago.

Silence fell among them, the only thing audible being the girl's muffled sobs. Diana harshly wiped her tears away after having stared at the papers in her hands blankly for a good minute, and grabbed a pen from the glass table beside her. With shaky hands, she managed to pen down her signature on the papers without tearing up again. After being done, she put the pen down and confidently held hte papers in front of his face, looking him dead in the eye, trying to show him if he didn't want her in his life anymore, she could also do well without him, while deep inside, she knew that she was breaking apart. Nevertheless, Robert grabbed the papers from her hand and put them back in their respectful folder.

The boys all watched as their mother came out of the living room, holding their little sister's hand as she approached the hugs doors, guarded by two gunmen, where their belongings waited for them. The doors were opened and Diana left, but before Rose could take a single step out of the mansion, she turned around and looked at her brothers one last time, the people who didn't care a bit about her, who not just bullied her, but abused her to the point she would cry whole nights crying. She was finally leaving them, going far away from them, she was a bit relieved, but the pain she felt in her heart told otherwise. Infact, it was now worsening, as her brothers seemed unfazed about it. They were all emotionlessly staring back at her, who slowly started turning her head back and stepping our of the doors, but not before shedding a couple of tears at the fact that she was really unwanted, which explained the looks her brothers were giving her on her birthday, as well as last meeting, or so she thought.