Chapter 6

Rose's P.O.V

College ended and I was walking out of the front gates when I heard someone blow the horn of their car behind me. I took some steps aside to see the boys.

"Loser!" David yelled as they drove away.

I sighed and continued walking quietly. Didn't want to argue or fight for nothing, since I was already tired. I pulled a cigarette out of my pocket, lit it up and blew a puff.

____

As soon as I reached the mansion, I went inside while still smoking when I came across Dylan.

"Why are you smoking?" He asked, looking at the cigar and at me from time to time.

"Because I want to? Stupid." I mumbled the last part and walked past him, going toward the staircase. I went inside my room and closed the door behind.

Putting my backpack on my chair, I went towards the huge glass sliding door. I opened it and went out to the balcony. I sat on the very top of the fence and continued smoking.

Just as the current cigar was finished, I took out another, lit it up and continued.
Closing my eyes, I sighed for the hundredth time today.

"WHAT THE HELL, ROSE?! WHY ARE YOU SITTING ON THE EDGE?!" I heard Dylan yell from the garden and saw the boys staring at me like I was crazy.

I just didn't bother saying anything back and continued smoking. They kept staring at me for a while, until they got bored and went back to minding their own businesses. I closed my eyes after another cigar was finished, and don't know when I fell asleep.

When I opened my eyes, I looked to my right to see a really beautiful sunset. I rubbed my eyes and kept staring at it while it went lower and lower, until I couldn't see it anymore.

I got down from the edge, threw the already finished cigar between my fingers away and left my room.

I was walking down the stairs when I decided to go outside. I started walking towards the main door when Damien stopped me.

"Where do you think you're going?" He asked rudely.

"Hell. You want to join?" I replied.

"Who would want to join a brat like you?" He said bitterly.

"Then why did you ask?" I said back, making him glare at me, which I didn't care about and walked past him.

I left the mansion and after I was out of the property, I didn't know where to go now, so I just started walking nowhere in particular.

I was checking out the neighborhood and it was all so noisy. I went through alleys and soon, ended up in a graveyard.

I decided to sit down for a while for I was kind of tired right now, so I sat down beside a grave. I fished another cigar out of my pocket and lit it up. Blowing a puff, I inhaled the toxic fumes, which I didn't like, but was still addicted to it.

My first time smoking and drinking was at the age of 13. I smoked and drank alcohol at the same time along with them, my friend's brothers. He had told me it tasted good, so I had decided to give it a try. I still remember that I had drunk the whole glass after taking a puff of the cigar. I had passed out soon after and the next day, I had woken up with a massive headache and kept throwing up for a whole hour after that. We received a long lecture from my friend after that, he had been really angry about that.

It was a fun experience, though.

____

I was still sitting here and didn't pay attention to the time. When I checked, I saw that two hours had already passed, so I got up, dusted my clothes and left the graveyard.