Chapter 11

Rose's P.O.V

The two boys left because of some urgent call and I soon approached the park. I entered to see the boy and his mother already there, waiting for me.

Aaron saw me and came running towards me while I was walking towards them.

"Rosy!" He squealed as he hugged me tightly. I hugged him back and ruffled his hair a bit.

"How have you been?" I asked him, looking at his forehead, which was free of bandage now and saw a thin yet long scratch on the left side.

"Really good. I healed very quickly." He replied happily and grabbed my hand.

"My mommy is over there. Come on, let's go." He said and we walked up to her.

"Hello, dear. How are you?" She asked with a sweet smile across her face.

"Just fine. How about you?" I replied as politely as I could, which seemed to be difficult for me, since I never met people as good as her to talk nicely to, except Elijah and his family.

"I'm good." She said and looked at Aaron, who had been pulling the material of my shirt and saying something for a while, which I didn't seem to notice until now.

"Rosy, let's play football!" He said and I nodded, making him to smile. He grabbed the ball that was lying on the ground and we went to some open place while his mother sat down on a bench.

We played football for a while and I felt better than before. It's been a long time since I played like this with someone. I used to love football back when I was a kid, but then I got into fighting and athletics, slowly forgetting about it.

____

"Okay, kids. It's lunch time. We should eat something first." His mother called out and I realised that we'd been playing for a long time after looking at my wrist watch. She led us to her car and we both got in. We both sat in the back seat, since Aaron didn't want me to sit in the passenger's seat and wanted to sit with me.

"Where are we going?" I asked her as she started the engine and we drove away.

"There's a restaurant nearby. It's a really good one to have lunch at." She replied and I slightly nodded while taking my phone out of my pocket and started playing games with Aaron.

____

Around ten minutes passed and we pulled up to a big and fancy restaurant. We all got out of the car and went inside. It was as fancy inside as it was outside.

The waiter led us to a table and we sat down.

"What would you all like to order?" He asked us, waiting to write our orders down on his notepad.

"What do you kids want to eat?" Aaron's mother asked us.

"Pasta!" Aaron said.

"Sure. What about you, Rose?" She asked and I thought for a second.

"Same as Aaron." I replied.

"Alright." She said with a smile and turned her attention to the waiter.

"Three plates of pasta and three soda." She told him and he wrote it down before nodding.

"Coming right up." He said and walked away.

A little while later, he came back with the order and as soon as it was put down on the table before us, Aaron quickly picked up his fork and started to eat.

"Slowly, dear. No one is taking your food away." His mother told him and he slowed down.

"It's delicious." He said happily while stuffing more pasta into his mouth.