Chapter 17

Rose's P.O.V

"What?" Dylan whisper asked in shock and disbelief, sounding as if he didn't want to believe me.

"Why would she.. do that?" David asked confused, his voice clear of the disbelief over my words.

"Go ask her." I replied shortly, knowing they didn't want to believe me.

"But she's.. dead. How can we ask her?" He said, making me roll my eyes.

"So you really believe she's dead? You seem too naive to be in the mafia." I said and grabbed my phone that was lying on the nightstand on my left. I switched it on to see some messages from Elijah, asking where I was and why I was absent.

"What do you mean? Is she alive?" Ryan asked in a confused tone.

"I don't know, but maybe. Who know? She isn't the person to die so easily." I replied and started playing games.

"Tell us, why did she do that? Why would she drug you?" Dylan said and I sighed in frustration. They were irritating me now.

"Look, don't bother me. Leave me alone for a while and if you really want to know everything, go search if she's still alive because you won't get anything from me." I replied calmly, even though I sure wanted to kick them out of the room right now.

They sat there in awkward silence for a moment and then left the room after sighing in defeat.

At that moment, Elijah called me and I immediately picked it.

"Where are you? I'm in college right now and am leaving. Why didn't you come today?" He said.

"I'm in a hospital." I replied in my usual calm tone.

"What? Why? What happened?" He asked all in a hurry, concern dripping from his voice.

"I'll explain everything later. Don't bother coming here, I'll soon be discharged, anyways." I replied and after a moment of silence, he hung up.

He wasn't going to listen anyways. I can't stop him, as he will be here in a short while.

____

It had been 15 minutes since the call and suddenly, the door opened, revealing a worried Elijah. He took long strides toward me and within seconds, stood by the left side of my bed.

"What happened, Ro? Are you okay?" He asked, concern written all over his face and his eyes filled with both worry and anger as he cupped my face with his hands, an act of his which I really loved, even though it made me feel like a kid in front of him, which is why I never let him do it in front of anyone.

I explained everything and he tensed up a bit, the anger in his eyes rising more.

"How are you feeling now?" He said after a moment of silence and I told him to sit down first which he did obediently.

"I don't know. I can't really process anything right now." I replied honestly. I really didn't know how I felt and what was happening with me at this moment.

"Don't worry. Just take your medicines on time from now on." He told me, a bit sternness in his tone, indicating that I shouldn't anger and worry him by not listening to him.

"You know I won't." I told him in a teasing manner, knowing he was strict whenever it came to my health.

"You'll have to." He said, slightly narrowing his eyes at me and leaned forward to plant a kiss on my forehead, which was when the boys came into the room and he turned around to look at them, his anger filled eyes back at display.

"What is he doing here?" David said rather bitterly as they approached me.

"So you are the guys who she was with last time, right?" Ryan asked, checking him out from head to toe.