Chapter 222: Balor

Start from the beginning

“Stop, Erin! We won’t know what will happen if the spell goes wild by attacking Marius and by using a powerful attack recklessly!"

“But we can’t allow Marius to kill Valerie!"

Erin and Rias stopped their convo when a small cup glowing in gold went out of Valerie's body. The cup is the Holy Grail which happens to be one of the Longinus as well as a relic.

Valerie loses her sense of being alive and pass out on the bed. Marius then takes out the Holy Grail and holds it up high.

“This is the Longinus “Sephiroth Grail”. And it happens to be a masterpiece where it already comes with the requirement of unleashing Balance Breaker.”

Gasper immediately runs to Valerie's side once the magic-cirle disappears.

“This is strange. For taking out a Longinus, this is……” Azazel makes a strange expression. There seems to be something bothering him.

Gasper embraces Valerie with teary eyes.

“Valerie……”

Valerie opens her eyes as if she responded to the voice and looks straight into Gasper’s eyes. She strokes Gasper’s face who is crying.

“You sure are a cry-baby, Gasper…You have been crying all the time since you were little……but you have become stronger now, right……?”

Gasper takes her hand and cries out.

“I’m sorry……I wasn’t able to save you……”

“No, you did save me…… At the very end… …I was able to see you again Gasper... My only friend... and family… Hey, Gasper……”

“What is it...?”

Valerie looks up to the ceiling and held a faraway expression.

“……I really wanted…...to see the sun……and if I were……able to go picnic with everyone……”

“……You can see it. I will take you there. Let’s also go and have a picnic as
well.”

"……Are you telling me something like this has to happen again……?

Asia who can’t endure the situation hugs onto Issei. She is shaking very sadly. That’s because she also has experienced what Valerie is going through.

After Valerie strokes Gasper’s cheek, she puts her hand on Gasper’s chest.

“……There is……your other self in here…… So I need to ask him for a wish for the very last time……”

Valerie speaks in a voice as if she's about to disappear.

“……I also wanted to speak to you too…… You are also Gasper as well, so you have to talk to everyone else as well… There is a place for you where they will acknowledge you……”

Valerie’s hand loses strength and drops down.

“……I wish you can get along with everyone……”

Those were her final words. Gasper shakes his head many times and hugs tightly onto Valerie’s body.

Marius is putting on a smile as he holds the Holy Grail with one hand.

“Rias Gremory-sama, please shoot me with your power of destruction.”

Rias has veins pop out on her forehead when she hears that and gathers so much demonic-power of destruction within her hand.

“Yes, I won’t hold myself back. Even I can’t endure this any longer.”

*(BOOOOOOM)*