Chapter Twenty Five: Kidnapped

Start from the beginning

A few hours later we reach an island with an extinct volcano on it. Through an opening at the side we fly inside of it. On the inside are 3 ships at the moment.
"It's already late. We will bring everything away tomorrow. Let's just bring our prisoners on the island.", Kapriala commands.
They loosen the ropes that tied us to the masts and bring us onto the dock. From the we go through a tunnel further into the volcano.
"I just notice that these pirates have weapons from the Nekra Kingdom.", Wooyoung whispers into my ear. Seems like we can't escape them.
The tunnel ends in a big open space. The last rays of sun shine into the crater. There are houses built along the walls. They are all connected by stairs and wooden pathways. On the ground level are some farm animals, a training area and in the middle is a meeting place. There are a lot of people training or just standing around with a drink in their hand and talking to each other.
We stop next to the meeting place. Kapriala goes to the biggest building in the crater. A few minutes later she comes back with more armed man and what I assume is their leader.

"Good job, guys! Let's see what we will do with our prisoners.", the leader says.
"Sir, we have this girl here..."
"Yeah, maybe one of the captains will like her."
They bring Haneul away.
"Haneul!!!", San shouts and reaches out to her but is held back by the other pirates.
"Sorry, your lover belongs now to someone else.", the leader states.
"She is my sister..."
"...oh, that's why she looks like a man."
The pirates laugh out loud.
"Stop looking at me like that kid. He looks a bit too skinny to be a fighter. He can load our ships, maybe that will make him shut up."
San gets dragged away. Next is Mingi.
"He looks like the average village idiot. Do you know how to take care of animals?"
Mingi nods and is brought to his new workplace.

The leader eyes up Jongho next.
"This one is a tough one.", a pirate comments.
"Then we can sell him as a fighter to the Nekra Kingdom."
Jongho is pulled to the side.
"Whose lap dog is this?", their leader jokes, pointing at Yunho.
"Mine! Puppy, attack!", Wooyoung shouts.
Yunho looks at their leader angrily.
"Very cute. The girls will love him. He can also take care of the animals."
Next he is looking at Yeosang.
"Tell me, why does he seem so familiar?"
"Doesn't he look a bit like King Nekra?", Kapriala answers.
"Yeah, that's it. He also has the body of a Nekra assassin. So I guess we will sell him to them."
Wooyoung is next in line.
"He's a bit small."
"Still big enough to kick your ass."
"I see. Also one with a big mouth."
"Do you want to know a secret?"
"What is it?"
"Come a bit closer."
Their leader steps a little bit closer. Wooyoung smirks and spits in his face. The leader slaps Wooyoung and cleans his face with a handkerchief.
"This one can also load our ships. Make sure he gets beaten a lot."

I am next.
"I see another dwarf. He doesn't even look strong. Have you any special skills?"
"I am the captain. Maybe we could come to terms with this whole thing. Tell me what can I do so you let us and my ship go."
"Seems like we have no use for him. Bring him into a cell. We can throw him off the island tomorrow."
"Please, just let us talk!"
He doesn't listen and me, Yeosang and Jongho get dragged away. I hope he isn't too mean to Seonghwa.

The pirates bring us to another tunnel. We go downwards for a bit until we reach a cave that was transformed into a prison. The cells are empty. They throw me into the first cell on the right side and loosen the rope around my wrists. Yeosang and Jongho get the cell on the opposite side. A female pirate stands at the exit to guard us. I sit down on the cold floor. Yeosang and Jongho are whispering to each other. Are they making an escape plan? I stand up again and go to the door of my cell to look around.
"What are you doing there?", the pirate asks.
"Nothing just looking. The wall isn't that interesting to look at."
"Fine."
I look at every corner of the room that I can see but I don't see anything that could help us to escape. I also observe the pirate girl. She has the keys in the pocket of her vest. How could we get them? If she came close enough Jongho could maybe knock her out and we might be able to get the keys. But how can we make her come close?