part 10

Happy Diwali friends ❤

Anjali walked into her brother's bedroom and found him in the pool side, as usual with his laptop.

But for a change, he is not typing away on the laptop. He is simply sitting there and staring at the laptop screen. She could see that his mind is else where.

"Chotte" 

No response

"Chotte"

No response

"Chotte" Anjali called out more loudly and shook him making him startled.

"Di. What happened?" He asked

"Nothing. I just wanted to spend some time with you. It's been so long since we spend time with each other. Didn't we?" Anjali asked and Arnav looked at his sister guiltily.

In an effort to keep away from Kushi, he had stayed away from his home too. Because she had always been around.

And now that she is not here, it feels weird without all the laughs and chirpiness.

Damn girl!

Khud pagal hei and mujhe bhi pagal bana diya.

"Sorry di. Has been caught up with work" Arnav lied and Anjali simply waved it off, knowing that he is lying.

Now she knows what has been keeping him away.

"I just wanted to apologise chotte" Anjali said

"Apologise? For what?" Arnav asked in confusion

"I didn't realise Kushi ji was such a bother for you. I always took it lightly. I even found your fightings sometimes funny. I never realised how much you hate her presence" Anjali said, pasting an apologetic smile on her face.

Arnav squirmed in his chair. He couldn’t remember exactly what he had blurted out downstairs to his family.

He had been too angry and frustrated. He had screamed whatever came to his mind and now he couldn’t recall what all he had said.

"That's alright di" Arnav said awkwardly

"Oh by the way, I found some things in your cupboard while arranging the clothes" Anjali said casually

"What things?" Arnav asked apprehensively 
"Oh! Some things kept in momma's jewel box" Anjali said and Arnav's eyes widened in horror

He had kept some things of Kushi in there. He still do not know why he have them safe in there. He would sometimes, simply stare at them, in the middle of the night.

Yeah! Crazy he has become.

"Uh di.."

"I recognised that kangan chotte. It is Kushi ji's right? I have seen her wearing them. Did she pawn them with you for any necessity. I know the financially they are a bit weak. I'm happy that you helped her inspite of your hatred" Anjali said and Arnav stared at her wondering how to respond.

His sister has made up a story of her own. And if he said the truth, then there will be more questions.

Questions he do not have any answer to.

"Uh yeah" he mumbled awkwardly.

"Oh I also found some unnecessary things in there. Like some broken bangles, pearls and all. I think we should just throw them away. Why keep unwanted things in momma's jewel box" Anjali said

"Nooo" Arnav said more vehemently than he intended.

The thought of throwing those things away felt like drowning.

He wouldn't be able to breath.

Those are the things that bring peace to his mind at the middle of a restless night.

Something that he couldn't figure why!

"Why chotte?" Anjali asked innocently.

"Uh. It's- It's-" Arnav was troubled for words. He didn't know what to tell his sister.

Anjali thought to put his out of his misery. She let him ponder over it by himself. And instead talked about the gold bangle.

"I think we should give that kangan back to Kushi ji. I remember her telling that it is her mother's" Anjali said softly

Arnav knew that piece of information. That is the reason why he went to the jeweller where she pawned the bangle and got it back.

"Yes di. Whatever you wish for" Arnav said

Anjali shot a big smile at her brother and decided that she has done enough for day.

She could do the rest the next day.

"It is already very late chotte. Good night" Anjali said and pressed a kiss on her brother's cheeks and left.

Arnav breathed a sigh of relief and walked to his cupboard and took the jewel box out.

He stared at the things. Then he took out the envelope and the picture from it.

Why didn't his sister ask about the picture?

Maybe she didn't open it.

What if she had seen it and asked him about the picture.
Maybe he should give the bangle back to her. That way he could get rid off another thing of hers. Just like how he got rid off her anklet.

'Koi maini nahi rakthi tum aur tumse judi koi bhi cheez' he remembered the words he had uttered on the Diwali night.

And he said them out loud again tonight.

"Koi maini nahi rakthi tum aur tumse judi koi bhi cheez. Na tumhari payal na tumhari kangan" he said stubbornly, wishing hard that it was true.
(Neither you nor your things matter to me. Not your anklets. Not your bangles)

Wishing that her things didn't matter.

Wishing that her smile didn't matter.

Wishing that her tears didn't matter.

Wishing that she didn't matter.

But a part of his brain started understanding that all these matters.

Faraq pad raha hei usse judi har koi cheezein aur yaadein.

Damn it Kushi Kumari Gupta.

Why? Why are you hell bent on making me crazy.

Maybe, just like his sister said, he should throw all these things away. That way, he would get a little more respite from Kushi.

Tomorrow. Tomorrow he will give this bangle back to her and get over with it.

And then he will throw all these trash away. And burn that photograph.

And just like that, he will remove every single piece of Kushi from his thoughts and life.

With that thought, he went to bed, for another restless sleep.

A/n

Here goes the next shot.

Guys, is this getting boring? Without much arshi scenes?

I just wanted to write on Arnav's pov  while he realise his love, before writing more arshi scenes.

Please let me know your opinions.

Love