Shot 41

"Make sure that they cannot live the rest of their life without help." Arnav said once Khushi and Payal walked out of there.

Aakash turned to his brother in confusion.

"Why did you bring her here today out of all days bhai? She must already be overwhelmed and emotionally drained after that paparazzi stunt." Aakash said.

"I know she must be overwhelmed after all that happened today. But I wanted her to see that nothing that ever hurts her will get away scot free." Arnav said. Aakash still couldn't understand his brother's twisted ways of thinking.

"What about you bhai?" Akash asked sarcastically and Arnav frowned.

"What about me?" Arnav asked in confusion.

"You just said nothing that hurts her will get away scot free. You are the one who hurt her the most bhai" Aakash couldn't help but point it out.

Arnav let out a self deprecating chuckle.

"Who said I am getting away scot free? Isn't my love being rejected a punishment for me? Isn't Khushi ignoring all my attempts at getting to her a punishment for me? Isn't her behaviour as if I don't even exist for her a punishment for me?" Arnav asked and for a moment Aakash felt pity for his brother.

"Bhai.. I didn't.." Aakash trailed off, not knowing what to say.

"It's okay Aakash. Whatever you just said is true. And I don't believe my punishment is over. I will take whatever she throws my way and wait until she is ready to trust me again." Arnav said.

"I hope that happens soon.." Aakash said.

"I hope so too.."

"Let's go. They must be waiting for us outside" Aakash said.

Arnav's phone rang at that moment. It was Aman. His face darkened hearing the news from the other side.

"Damn it!" Arnav cursed under his breath.

"What is it, bhai?" Aakash asked.

"Some photographs are leaked" Arnav grit out through his clenched teeth.

"How? Aman must have confiscated all the cameras" Aakash said, knowing how perfect Aman is with his job.

"This is not through tabloids. This is through social media. Some photographs taken with mobile phones. Aman said the pictures are grainy and Khushi is not exactly identifiable. Moreover the pictures are of me covering her. I just hope things are under control until I call a press meet" Arnav said.

The drive towards Laxmi Nagar was tense and silent. Khushi could see Arnav's fists clenching and unclenching on the steering wheel. She was so sure something had happened. And she has a premonition that it is related to her.

"What is it?" Khushi asked, not beating around the bush.

Arnav looked at her and saw her staring straight into his eyes. He knew there was no point lying to her.

So, he told her what Aman told him.

Khushi took deep breaths to control her emotions.

Incidents of the day the Sheesh Mahal footage got aired flashed in front of her eyes.

She could see it all happening again.

Arnav reached for her hand and held it tightly.

"I promise you Khushi, no harm will come to yours or your family's reputation. This is Arnav Singh Raizada's promise." Arnav vowed once again and for some reason Khushi believed him.

As they neared Laxmi Nagar, Khushi asked him to stop the vehicle.

"I will drop you home," Arnav said.

"No. It would only worsen things." Khushi said and got out of the car, along with Payal."

As Khushi and Payal stepped foot into Laxmi Nagar, everything seemed normal.

Probably because nobody could recognise Khushi in the photographs. But if anybody names her, things would all get out of control.

****

After dropping Khushi and Payal, Arnav sped through the traffic towards AR Designs.

He marched up the stairs towards his cabin, Aman and Aakash hot on his heels.

None of the employees could look up at him, seeing his clenched face.

"Who the hell is behind this?" Arnav demanded, as soon as the cabin door closed behind Aman and Aakash.

"How the hell did the paparazzi reach here so quickly?" Arnav shot again, before Aman could answer him.

"It is not exactly clear, ASR. But most of the channels received the information from a reporter of Channel V. Her name is Lakshya Shenoy. A quick look through her social media account revealed a photograph of her with Sim. I don't have any proof that it is Sim. Because the information was passed from a local telephone booth. But it is a couple of blocks away from AR. So all doubts point at Sim. But as I said, there are no solid proofs. I am having the CCTV footage of the area checked right now to see if Sim used the telephone booth." Aman passed on the information collected so far.

"Have Sim and Pam watched. Get a single proof against them and I am going to make their life a hell" Arnav said through clenched teeth.

"On it, ASR," Aman said.

"And Aman, call a press meet." Arnav said.

"Date and time?" Aman asked.

"Tomorrow. Sharp ten in the morning. I need all the main media people here. Inform Lavanya also. I need her by my side during the press meet." Arnav said.

Elsewhere Shyam watched the photographs with horror.

Even when the news of ASR being in love got out, he still had a hope that it was simply a rumour.

But now, seeing the picture of a woman wrapped in his arms like a porcelain doll, he felt all his plans of the past few years going down the drain.

"No.. I will never let this happen. Arnav Singh Raizada will never have a family of his. I will never let him have that." Shyam spoke to himself like a mad man.

There is no way he could let all that wealth slip out of his fingers.

That is the only reason he was putting up with the limp fool. How can his years worth of efforts go to waste?

No way!

I am coming ,Arnav..

A/n

Here goes the next shot..

Once again, sorry for the delay. I had planned this to be a book with 20 chapters or so like my previous one. It just got extended and out of my control. I will try to give regular updates.

Please do vote and comment..

Love ❤️