Shot 37

“Aye sanka devi. Wake up. How much do you sleep?” Bua ji said, shaking Khushi awake.

Khushi grumbled in her sleep and pushed her face into the pillow, turning away from Bua ji.

“Hai re nanda kishore. Look at how she is sleeping. Is she going for a running race?” Bua ji exclaimed to herself, seeing the weird poses in which she was sleeping.

Payal chuckled seeing the look on her aunt’s face.

“Wake her up, Payaliya. It’s ten already” Bua ji said, shaking Khushi once again.

It was the weekend and ever since Khushi started working in AR the first time, it started becoming difficult to wake her up during the weekends. Because ASR wouldn’t give a single moment of rest for her during the weekdays.

And even after resigning the job from AR, she continued that habit.

And now again they are working in AR. Though ASR doesn’t make her life a hell like the previous time, workload is still big and Khushi is making up for that by waking up late.

“She had too much work to do on the weekdays Bua ji. Let her sleep” Payal said softly.

“You are also doing the same work, right? If you can wake up early, why can’t she?” Bua ji asked and Payal chuckled.

“I only started working and earning for the family, Bua ji. But Khushi has been shouldering the responsibilities of this house for over a year now. She must be tired both physically and emotionally. Don’t compare my efforts to hers Bua ji. Her side of the weighing machine would always be heavier.” Payal said and Bua ji felt guilty.

Bua ji stared at the young girl. At the age of studying and enjoying life, she had been single handedly shouldering the responsibilities of the family. And at times she herself had hurt the girl very badly. Why? Just because she is not our blood? How is that fair?

She might not be their blood. But she is their daughter. A daughter who would do anything for her family’s well being. They were blessed to have her in their family.

“You are right” Bua ji said with a smile and walked out, heaving a sigh.

A while later, Khushi woke up and did her morning routines before hurrying into the kitchen, because she was starving.

“Amma, give me some food” Khushi said loudly.

Khushi took the plate of aloo poori and sat in front of the television.

It’s been such a long time since she watched her favourite Kamlesh Kabri show. She hadn’t watched it since the day Arnav aired their footage through that show.

Today, for some reason she didn’t change the channel when the program came.

Payal also sat next to her.

“Jaane Maane fashion house AR ka owner The ASR ko pyaar hua? Hume kabar mile hei ki ASR ko finally pyaar hua. Aur sabse shocking baat ye he ki jiss ladki se ASR pyaar karte ho, wo ASR se pyaar nahi karta. Ye ho bhi sakta hei kya? The ASR ka pyaar ko mana karne ka himmat kis ladki pe he? Aur sabse hairaan baat ye he ki ASR apni feelings share kiya, wo bhi unki ex girlfriend Lavanya Kashyap se. Hare Ram Hare Ram, Iss Pyaar Ko kyaa Naam doon?” Kamlesh Kabri talked about the recent news they received through one of their journalists and Khushi choked on her food hearing that.

(Well known fashion house, AR’s owner ASR fell in love? We just received the news that ASR finally fell in love. And the most shocking thing is that the girl whom ASR loves, doesn’t love him back. Is that even possible? Who has the courage to reject ASR’s love? And what is more shocking and confusing is that ASR shared his feelings with none other than his ex girlfriend Lavanya Kasyap.)

Payal was also looking at Khushi wondering how she would react to that.

It is such a blessing that Khushi’s name didn’t come out in this.

“Hey devi maiyya..” Khushi exclaimed after gulping down water like a starved man.

At the same time, the landlines in Shantivan and AR were continuously ringing. Calls from various reporting houses asking for conformance of the news.

“Chotte, what’s happening? Did you give any announcement regarding your personal life?” Anjali asked, seeing the rock hard face of her brother.

“Do you think I am crazy? Why would I do such a thing when I haven’t received any positive response from Khushi?” Arnav asked in disbelief.

He dialled Lavanya’s number.

“Lavanya? What’s happening? Did you share what I told you yesterday with anyone?” Arnav asked furiously.

“No ASR. I didn’t breathe a word about it to anybody” Lavanya said and Arnav hung up the call without saying another word.

He was worried. Worried how Khushi would react. What if she thinks he purposely did this. Like he aired the Sheesh Mahal footage.

Oh god!

It was Aman’s call that diverted his attention.

“Aman..”

“ASR, there was a local news reporter in the same cafe you and Lavanya went to yesterday. He is a freelancer. And his bank statements show that he received a payment from the Kamlesh Kabri team for passing the news” Aman passed the information he collected.

“Al right” Arnav said and hung up the call.

Arnav dialled Khushi’s number and waited with bated breath for her to attend the call.

“Arnav Singh Raizada. You are at it again, huh!” Khushi asked furiously, as soon as she picked up the call.

“Khushi, I don’t have any involvement in this. Trust me..” Arnav said.

“Trust? Big word Raizada saab. Anyways, I am thankful for not bringing my name into this.” Khushi said and hung up the call without waiting for his response.

Damn!

‘Stubborn woman! Just said whatever she wanted to say and hung up the call. Doesn’t matter what the other person has to say.’ Arnav mumbled, staring angrily at his phone.

At the same time, on the other side of the state, Shyam watched the news in horror.

Arnav in love?

What nonsense!

That too words from Arnav’s own mouth!

No! No!

When Lavanya Kasyap was involved, he was confident that however much his family forced him, Arnav would never marry her. Because Arnav doesn’t believe in love and marriage.

But if Arnav fell in love, then it would mean that nobody will have to force him to marry.

And that is something he cannot let happen.

Who is that girl?

Shyam picked up the call and dialled Anjali’s number, because he was too frustrated by the news.

“Rani Saheba…”

A/n

Here goes the next shot..

Please do vote and comment..

Love ❤