part 11

Arnav Singh Raizada stared blankly at the laptop screen, reading the same line again and again.

His brain came up with a million retorts he will have to say, when Kushi Kumari Gupta asks the obvious question.

Why did he have her kangan with him. And why did he keep them with him all along?

"ASR. The site survey of the American company, D-fab is scheduled for this afternoon" Aman, the trusted PA said

"Okay" Aman stared at his boss in shock when the man signed a document without reading it.

That is a first. Aman is aware that he is one among the very short list of people Arnav Singh Raizada trusted. But ASR has never signed a document, without cross checking them himself.

"Uh ASR. You didn't read the document" Aman said awkwardly snapping his boss out of whatever daze he was in.

Aman watched in fascination, as ASR visibly tried to pull himself together.

What happened to this man? Why is he so undone today? Aman wondered.

The last time he had seen, or maybe the only time he had seen ASR undone like this was while a tornado named Kushi Kumari Gupta worked in AR.

She had managed to get under the ASR's skin and make him go nuts by challenging anything and everything he does.

Aman shook his head to dispel the unwanted thoughts from his head. He is not going paid for psychoanalysing his boss. He better stick to his job, if he needs a paycheck at the month end.

Arnav sighed in relief as soon as Aman stepped out of his cabin.

If he isn't careful, he will definitely make a fool of himself in front of his employees or clients.

****

Kushi did the small work of carrying files from one executive to other, taking Xerox copies of important files making work easier for the other employees.

The temp agency where she had registered with, had called her a couple of days ago, asking her to fill in the role of an errand girl in a start up company in Delhi.

She is employed only for two weeks, as the permanent errand girl of the company is on a sick leave.

The job kept her busy and helped her to keep herself from thinking about a certain angry Raizada.

"Kushi, please give this to Mishra ji" an employee said handing over a file to Kushi and she took it with a smile.

Unlike the employees of AR, the people her were all good to her. They treated her like an equal. They used the words please sorry and thank you without hesitation.

Her phone rang indicating an incoming call and she saw it was from her sister.

"Haa jiji" Kushi answered.

"Kushi, come to the devi maiyya temple after the work. We will go home together from here" Payal said

"Okay jiji" Kushi said and hung up.

Her sister had taken up a job with a local tailor near Kushi's work place. They travel together to and from the work. Today, her sister seems to get off work early and decided to wait for Kushi at the devi maiyya temple.

****

Arnav Singh Raizada stopped the car in front of the devi maiyya temple.

The golden bangle, safe in the inside pocket of his jacket, close to his heart.