Shot 43

"Some paparazzis peeped into my privacy as always, and this time I have no intention of letting them get away with it." ASR said coldly.

"Why? Is it because it involves your latest lover, Khushi Kumari Gupta."

Arnav felt his blood boiling at that moment.

He had expected this, but he couldn't contain his fury. The way the reporter said the word lover seemed so dirty. And he couldn't have Khushi's name said in such a way.

"Khushi Kumari Gupta is not my lover." Arnav said out loudly.

For a moment, even Aman, Akash and Lavanya were shocked at that declaration.

There was a moment of silence, before the whispers and murmurs rose.

"Silence.." ASR's voice rose above all the murmurs.

The audience fell silent at his demand. They couldn't go against it even if they wished to.

"As I was saying, Khushi Kumari Gupta is not my lover, yet." He said, stressing the word yet and once again whispers and murmurs rose.

"And I have no intention of making her my lover either." ASR said and people stared at him, confused at his contradictory statements.

"I have every intention of marrying her as soon as she says yes to my proposal." Arnav said openly. He didn't feel the need to hide his feelings from anybody. He is so damn in love with Khushi and he doesn't hesitate to say that aloud.

If someone asks him to scream it from the top of a tower, he would happily do that.

The murmurs and hushed whispers grew louder.

"We got some information that Ms Gupta was employed to train your girlfriend by your family and that she broke your relationship by feigning friendship. You were an engaged man while you and Ms Gupta got together." A reporter asked, ignoring the lasers ASR was sending his way.

"As I said, we haven't gotten together yet. I am the one who fell in love with Ms Gupta. I am the one who wants to marry Ms Gupta. I am the one trying to pursue her. And regarding the engagement, I prefer Ms Lavanya Kashyap explaining that to you." ASR said and shot a sideways glance at Lavanya.

Lavanya, who got the signal, leaned towards the microphone and stared at the audience in front of her. She was always a bold girl and silly paparazzi never scared her.

"I have been working with AR since the last five years. And I have been working closely with ASR since the last three years. ASR and I have always shared a platonic relationship. I was just his plus one for business events and parties. It was you people who made me his girlfriend after I attended three events with him." Lavanya said with a chuckle, mixing a few truths and a few lies without any remorse.

"You never once refuted the claims. Did you enjoy being tagged as ASR's girlfriend, Ms Kashyap." An offended reporter asked, rather bitchily.

"The truth is, I never bothered with the silly stunts the paparazzi pulls to raise their TRP." Lavanya said with a chuckle, effectively taunting the whole lot with her single dialogue.

"That's not the story we know, Ms Kashyap. We had got information that you had moved into ASR's house and you people were in a live-in relationship." Another reporter said nastily.

"Well, you people only know ASR. You people definitely have no idea about any of my family members." ASR said dryly.

"Meaning?"

"I am not a man who likes to discuss my personal or family life. But it is a question of the reputation of the woman I love and this woman who I consider a good friend." Arnav said.

"My family is very traditional, unlike me. They wanted me settled down and Lavanya was my best bet to stall them. Lavanya was glad to help out. So, she played the role of a besotted girlfriend for my benefit. I had no intention of reforming to the social norms and getting married to a girl of my family's choice." ASR said.

"And yet you are saying you have every intention of marrying Ms Gupta." A reporter asked sarcastically.

"I do. People change. Their thoughts and beliefs change. Mine too changed." ASR said easily.

"Mr Raizada, Ms Gupta is the same woman who crashed your Lucknow fashion show, right? The woman who fell into your arms, trying to get your attention. The footage was leaked, Mr Raizada. People have seen it." A reporter remembered and Arnav clenched his fists, angry at himself for the impulsive and cruel thing he did to Khushi.

"I leaked those footages." Arnav Singh Raizada declared, shocking many people.

"You just claimed you are in love with her. Why would anyone in love do such a thing?" Another reporter asked sarcastically.

"I wasn't in love with her back then. All I saw was a woman who didn't fear me. Who didn't hesitate from calling out on my bull. Who didn't hesitate to let me know that I am a mere man and not god. And whatever she did, didn't settle well with ASR's ego and I reacted." Arnav admitted.

Khushi stared at the television screen in shock.

She couldn't believe it was actually Arnav Singh Raizada.

The most private man to walk on the face of earth.

And that man is sitting in front of a flock of paparazzi and opening up. All for what? To protect her reputation.

Could this guy prove his love any better?

Finally, Khushi's brain also believed what her heart was always forcing her to believe.

Arnav Singh Raizada truly loves her as he claims.

But can she ever accept that love? Can she move past the paparazzi drama and form a relationship with him.

She has no idea...

All she knows is that she cannot bring any bad name to the family who accepted her with open arms and open hearts.

The feelings she had for Arnav Singh Raizada will have to remain dormant.

And moreover, there is Payal, her elder sister. She have to help her family settle Payal's life with a good man. Until then she cannot even think of herself.

Arnav Singh Raizada and his love needs to be kept as far away as possible from her...

A/n

Here goes the next shot...

Please do vote and comment...

Love,
SF ❤️