22. Dark Light

Later that night it was especially cold, and Aria laid, curled up on the sofa with a heavy blanket wrapped around her.

Villie had gone out for a cigarette, but was taking longer than usual, causing Aria to wonder why. She wasn't particularly worried or anything, just curious.

Standing up with the blanket wrapped around her, she waddled to the front door, slipping on a pair of boots before heading outside.

She looked around, but in the darkness, she didn't see him nearby. She looked down at the snowy ground to see footprints, and decided she would follow them.

As she walked, following the footprints, she soon realised that Ville had quite a large property. She was getting extremely cold, and began to wish she had worn a coat, and perhaps some gloves.

Finally, in the distance, leaning against a weathered statue, she saw Ville, a cigarette between his fingers to illuminate around him.

Snow crunching as she stepped over, Ville looked up as she approached, tilting his head.

"Kulta, Love, why the hell aren't you wearing a coat?" He murmured, quickly taking off his jacket to give to her.

"I didn't think you'd be this far out here." She laughed sheepishly. "No, keep your jacket, Ville...i'm okay."

"Are you sure?" He asked, to which she nodded. "Do you need something, though, love?" He asked as he slipped his leather jacket back on.

Aria shook her head. "I just wanted to see you."

His perfect lips curled into a smile, before he reached up and placed the cigarette back in his mouth, taking a long drag.

"It's a shame the moon is behind the clouds tonight." He breathed as he lowered his cigarette, looking up at the dull, overcast night sky.

Aria did the same, shivering a little. "And the stars."

Ville nodded. "And the stars." He repeated, before looking at Aria, who still stared up at the sky.

She was currently overwhelmed with how much she loved this man. He was her everything now. He was her life.

She had never felt love so deep for anyone or anything, he was perfection, and she got to bask in it.

And after years of abuse and torment, she now met a man who was gentle; the last thing he'd ever want is to hurt or mistreat her. And she was so grateful.

She was so grateful she didn't have to be afraid of him. She was so grateful she could call his heart her new home.

She was so grateful for Ville.

She glanced over, her eyes meeting his mesmerising greens. His lips curled into a smile once again as he dropped his cigarette into the snow, reaching over and placing a cold hand on of each of her cheeks.

His smile faded as he gazed at her, eyes flickering from her eyes to her lips. He let his eyes linger on her lips once more before staring up into her eyes with a sensual expression on his face.

Finally, he let his lips connect with hers, running his hands down her body to find her hands, which he held tightly, kissing her deeper than ever.

He pulled away just for a moment to tell her breathlessly, "I adore you, Aria," before continuing to kiss her, tongue slipping into her mouth which she gladly allowed, feeling her eyes roll back into her head a little as she let out a soft hum.

The cold breeze blew around them, giving Aria another chill, to which Ville pulled away, breathless, resting his forehead against hers.

"You're cold, kulta." He murmured. "Let's get you inside. We'll lay by the fire, dear."

Aria nodded, and Ville wrapped his warming arm around her, beginning to walk her towards his tower.

He kept a protective grip on her, giving her an occasional peck on the head until they made it back.

Once they got inside he immediately went over to start a fire, as she toed off her boots. She followed him over and he stood, motioning for her to sit down on the sofa.

When she sat, he did as well, wrapping an arm, which was cold to the touch, around her. She laud her head on his chest, he smelled like cold air and cigarettes, which mixed perfect with whatever cologne he wore.

She looked up at him as he gazed his green eyes into the fire, which was the only current light source in the room. She found herself smiling just by looking at him, and after a moment he looked down at her, giving her a quick, soft peck on the nose.

"Enkeli, you are so cute."

She felt her chilled cheeks become flushed, and her smile grew wider. "I love you, Ville."

She felt his breath catch in his throat, before he kissed her on the lips softly. "I love you, Aria."