6. Scared To Death

I'm Scared To Death to fall in love with you.

The next morning, Aria awoke, hearing a quiet groan beside her.

She sat up quickly, realizing that she had fallen asleep on the couch.

And Ville had as well.

She was worried about it at first, then laughed a little, noticing how he was still wearing his coat, scarf, and hat.

She reached over, tapping him on the shoulder.

"Ville," She Said. "Wake up."

He stirred a little, then opened his eyes, smiling a bit. "I guess I fell asleep."

She laughed. "We both did."

He sat up, rubbing his eyes and yawning softly. "Did you sleep well?"

"Yeah." I nodded, stretching a little. "How about you?"

"I slept well." He said. "This couch is oddly comfortable."

"I know, right?" She Said. "You should feel my bed."

She blushed immediately.

That sounded weird.

"I mean, my bed is equally comfortable.." she mumbled frantically, while Ville just stared into her eyes, an amused smile on his face. "You know, cause it's from the same brand.."

He just looked at her for a few moments, and she began smiling a little.

"I'm really dumb, aren't I?" She asked, laughing a bit.

"You're not dumb." He said. "You're...cute."

She blushed, looking down.

"Whatever you say, Valo." She chuckled.

She looked down for a moment, and felt his hand under her chin. He lifted up her head, so she was facing him, and just gazed into her eyes.

"Ville.." her breath hitched in her throat as she watched his eyes almost change.

Suddenly, he crashed his lips into hers, and she blinked surprisedly.

Her heart began beating quickly.

No. She didn't want this.

She pushed him off of her roughly, frantically scooting to the other side of the couch.

He stared at her in surprise for a moment, then his face filled with guilt.

"Aria," he said. "I-I didn't mean to do that.."

"Ville, go." She mumbled, refusing to make eye contact.

"What?" He asked quietly.

"Go." She Repeated, more harshly this time.

He swallowed. "I'm sorry.." he said.

He stood, looking at her for a moment, before turning and making his way over to the door.

Once Aria heard the door close, she broke into tears, burying her face in her hands.

She hadn't wanted that to happen. She couldn't have him fall in love with her, because she couldn't fall in love.

After everything with her dad, she was honestly scared of what being in love could to do her.

She didn't want to be like her mom, trapped in a relationship she could never leave. And she didn't want to get hurt. She was scared. Scared to death to fall in love.

Ville felt terrible. He had no idea what he was thinking.

He wasn't in love with her, was he?

As he walked, he kicked a rock with his foot, burying his hands deep in his pocket.

"Idiotti.." he mumbled to himself.

He had really ruined everything, hadn't he? He had only known her for a few days and screwed it up. Just like he did with every other relationship.

Why did he even try anymore?

He was just so drawn to Aria. Something about her was just different.

He just acted to soon.

And it was true. He had fallen in love.

He sat down on a nearby bench, taking a deep breath. He dug through his pocket, finding a box of cigarettes and a lighter, then pulled a cigarette out

He put it between his lips, lighting it, and taking another deep breath.

The only thing on his mind at this point was Aria, and he could only hope that she'd give him another chance.

Hours later, Aria had spent the entire day inside, just watching the snow from the window.

She hated the fact that she was scared. She didn't want to be. She wanted love just like everyone else. After seeing her dad, and the way he turned out, something had changed in her. She promised herself she'd never fall in love and get stuck in some abusive relationship because she was afraid to leave.

She just couldn't bring herself to get her heart broken, or worse, get hurt.

Then she thought about poor Ville.

He looked so sad before leaving. Should she have just explained to him why she couldn't love him?

She was panicked. She didn't know what to do.

So she just kicked him out.

Gosh, he'd never forgive her now, would he?

Aria sighed, laying her head against the window.

"Idiot." She mumbled to herself, banging her head against it. "Idiot, idiot, idiot."

She hated herself right now. She was such an idiot.

And scared. She had never felt so close to falling in love.

But, maybe she was fully in love at this point.

She looked up, her breath hitching in her throat.

She was in love with Ville.