Chapter 26: Complication

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO BEST BOY ARMIN!!! :D

anyways

Warning(?): puking

I didn't know if I should put a warning for this just in case anyone here has a weak tummy

~♢~

Armin cracked open his tired blue eyes in the morning.

He woke up to an unfathomable feeling of drowsiness, and his throat felt as dry as the hottest desert day.

He groaned out in pain as he moved his hand up to cradle his aching head. Had he not been drinking, he would have thought that the feeling in his head was a brain aneurysm.

Shifting in his cramped position, he pulled himself wide awake as soon as he realized that someone was on him.

There on the couch curled up next to him was Y/n.

The girl's hair was wildly unkempt, and she wore her scrunchie on her wrist. Her head rested on top of Armin's chest casually, and the blonde, upon seeing this, did a double take.

"Y/n?" he questioned quietly with a rough voice. He shook the girl gently, and then Y/n awoke with a startle.

She gasped out and sat up from her position, getting off of Armin and turning to him with wide eyes.

"I'm so sorry!" she exclaimed in shock. She winced as soon as the words left her mouth. Bringing her hand up to her lips, she gently ran her fingers across the bottom lip, finding that it had been bruised.

Groaning, she turned to Armin with scrunched eyebrows.

"Aww, what the hell, why is my lip busted up?" She asked in pain and Armin shrugged, having no answer.

The blonde himself brought a hand up to his own face, carefully tracing his fingers along the edges of his lips.

"Mine hurts too," he whined softly. "Did we punch each other?"

"Maybe," said Y/n with a short-lived laugh. As soon as she felt a sharp, stabbing ache in her head, she stopped and placed her palm flat against her forehead. "I've got a killer headache."

"Me too—" Armin started.

From one moment to the next, he went pale, and his blue eyes went wide.

Y/n looked towards him and asked what was wrong. She was cut off with Armin holding one finger up to her and covering his mouth, his cheeks puffing slightly. In a flash, the boy stood up and made a dash towards the bathroom.

The rest was not pretty.

Barreling through the door, Armin hunched over the toilet and threw up the contents of last night.

Y/n had followed behind as fast as her sluggish body would let her and pushed the bathroom door open, looking at Armin with worry. She cringed at the smell, but walked over and bent down to Armin's level. She rubbed the boy's back gently and provided him comfort.

"I'm here Min, you'll feel better soon. Just get it all out," she said with a soft voice.

Armin nodded with tears in the corners of his eyes as he felt his body writhe with every heave.

"I'm getting you some water," Y/n said and she rushed out.

Seconds later, Reiner shoved the door open, grumbling about how the house was a mess. He was surprised to see Armin, and he backed up immediately.

"Woah, sorry buddy. Didn't mean to intrude." He raised a wary eye as Armin gave him a wobbly thumbs up. "You good?"

"I've been better," the boy said weakly.