Chapter 1: Fizz

Author's Note: Not a lot of interaction between Y/n and Armin yet. It'll happen next chapter. Also, if Y/n drinks something or eats something that you're not particularly fond of, you can imagine what you'd like instead. The world's your oyster! Hope you guys have a wonderful day :)

~♢~

"What a bunch of clowns." You thought to yourself in amusement as you observed the clowns in question. The living room was filled with a cacophony of rowdy teen spirit, which was only fueled by the vast amount of pizza, junk food and soda that was being consumed. It was a Saturday night hangout/sleepover hosted by everyone's favorite hot-head, Eren Jaeger. After suffering a brutal midterms week, Eren deemed it vital for the teens to have a party so that they could all cry together about their utter academic failures. He even came close to not inviting his blonde-haired super genius of a friend since he believed that Armin's presence would only serve to make the others even more depressed. Armin protested with "Oh, c'mon, Eren. I'm sure you all passed and are just exaggerating. That AP Euro practice essay on the economic ramifications of World War II was easy- OW!" The blonde was then promptly shut up with a swift punch to the shoulder by Eren, who had a satisfied grin on his face and deemed it fine for Armin to be invited.

Surprisingly enough, everyone that was invited was able to make it, so Eren's living room was packed with the many wonderful personalities that Paradis High had to offer. The enthusiastic Connie was sitting off to the side of the room with Sasha. The two of them took on the perilous task of seeing who was able to stuff the most marshmallows into their gullets. Sasha was winning by a wide margin, the girl being well-versed in the dark arts of fat-assery and Connie being well-versed in the field of dumb-assery. Their maniacal behaviors only enabled each other and before long, they were throwing up marshmallows into the sink of Eren's kitchen while uncontrollably laughing at each other for how stupid they looked.

Ymir scowled over at the two loud marshmallow pals and then focused her freckled-face back onto her girlfriend's blonde locks. Historia was smiling contentedly as she sat cross-legged on the floor with a grumbling Ymir, who was currently failing at trying to braid the blonde's golden tresses. The more Ymir carded her fingers through Historia's hair, the more she realized in annoyance that she had no idea what she was doing. The two were aside from the rest of the chaos in the room, choosing to listen to the soft music that filtered through Historia's Spotify. ("Ymir, what's going on back there?" "Shuddup, I've never braided hair before!")

Mikasa was lounging on the right side of Eren's blue couch with the fluffiest of blankets covering her. She pressed her cheek against her hand as she rested her elbow on the armrest. Her bored, gray eyes flickered to the TV. Right beside her on the blue couch adjacent to the one she was sitting on, The Boys™ were engrossed in playing a lively game of Smash Ultimate, with Jean being in the lead, which really ticked Eren off. Eren was damned if he let Jean win. His damage percentage was increasing at a fast rate, and it seemed that he couldn't even land a punch because of Jean's combos. The only thing he could do was hope to annihilate Jean last minute with a stage spike.

"You're going down, Horsey!" Eren then proceeded to grab Jean's character and attack while Jean had been distracted trying to finish off Marco's last stock. Marco reclined back into the couch and let out a relinquished sigh as his character was killed off. He glanced over in defeat at Jean and Eren and lightly chuckled at the two boy's antics. Reiner and Bertholdt were both standing off to the side of the couch, cups of soda in hand cheering for Eren to knock Jean's smug grin off his face. Annie was also there with her usual stern expression, sitting stiffly on a chair that had been pulled up next to the couch, her arms crossed and her mind stuck on the question "Why did I decide to hang out with these morons on this perfectly good night?"