Chapter 14: Vegetable for My Valentine

Shout out to @Barnsq for being mega, ULTRA awesome c:

hope you guys are doing alright, have a good one

~~

The day after the field trip, Grandpa Arlert came by to pick up Armin and Co. from school. Eren and Mikasa squeezed into the back seats along with Y/n and they all headed to the store.

Armin found himself at the aisle reserved for Valentine's Day supplies and flushed at the thought of buying Y/n a present.

The girl in question was next to him, picking out a whole assortment of goodies. He wouldn't have the chance to hide the present with her around, so he turned to Eren and Mikasa for help.

"Hey, guys. Do me a favor and distract Y/n?"

"Oh, what are you getting her?" Eren said a bit too loudly, prompting Mikasa to nudge the brunette in the ribs.

"I don't know, but I won't be able to decide if she's here. Take her to the gaming section and tell her that I went to go find some sticky notes or something."

"I'm on it." Eren saluted the blonde and marched up to Y/n with such little self-awareness of his actions.

Armin face-palmed and groaned.

"Mikasa, please help him."

The girl nodded at him and quietly walked up to Eren and Y/n's conversation. The three of them left towards the direction of the gaming aisle, and Y/n turned back to wave and smile sweetly at the blonde.

Armin waved back.

"Just marry me already," he mumbled to himself as they went out of sight. He then turned his focus to the many candies in stock.

He found the bag that he was looking for and then searched around for something to put them into. He wasn't feeling satisfied with any of the items on display. The typical cellophane bags decorated with red and pink hearts didn't seem to be good enough in his opinion.

He sighed and was about to give up and grab a pack of goody bags until something caught his eye.

His eyes shone with pleasure, and he smiled contentedly as he picked up a small box from the shelf's corner.

"Perfect."

He walked out of the aisle and made a beeline to the self checkout area, making sure to hide his supplies at the very bottom of his reusable bag.

Armin normally didn't go too crazy over holidays such as Valentine's Day, but this year, he felt as if something different was going to happen.

And he would be proven exactly right.

~~

Wednesday, February 13th

"So, Y/n, did you buy us all candy for tomorrow?"

Y/n rolled her eyes at her phone and smiled at Jean's nosy question.

"You'll have to find out in the morning like everyone else."

"Aw...but I bet you got something for Armin, huh?" The boy took on a teasing tone and Y/n huffed.

"Is that even a question?"

"Oh, wow, you're owning up to your love for him now?"

"Well, no point in hiding it from you. But let's forget about that for a second."

Y/n laid on her bed and hugged a pillow to her chest. She yawned as she looked at the time on her phone.

8:49pm