Chapter Sixteen

"The worst thing about being lied to is knowing the person who lied didn't trust you enough to tell the truth." -Unknown

[Harry's P.O.V.]
  Just as I didn't mean to let the nickname slip, I don't think Louis did either. To be fair, I don't think he's even realized what he said.

  It was different the way he said it, the way he made me feel. Niall has used a form of 'Hazza' as a way to address me for the longest time, but this wasn't the same. When Louis says it, it makes me blush. When Louis says it, it makes my stomach flutter. When Louis says it, it makes the world stop.

Even in the darkness of the room, I could see how close his face was. I'm not entirely sure, but I think Louis knew too. It was then I noticed how our limbs were entangled in one another, his arms still wrapped around my torso, even though I was bigger than him. It was cute. At this moment, I am doing everything absolutely everything in my power to not lean in a kiss him right now.

  But oh, did I want to.

  His eyes stared at mine, blue meeting green. They were the prettiest pair of eyes I've ever seen.

His elysian eyes told me there was hope; they told me there was a chance.

  They told me there was heaven.

  They told me there was love, but not just.

  There was the only type of love I was yearning for; redamancy.

  And they told me there was more than that too.

  We were frozen. Time was frozen. We were stuck like that for god knows how long, neither in a rush to move. But just as nothing good lasts forever, we were interrupted by the sound of a phone's ringtone. Fucking hell.

The noise was flowing from the nightstand closest to me, so I took the phone--my phone.

I glanced at Louis for a second before answering and placing the device next to the ear farthest from him. He was watching my movements, silent.

"Hi, Spence—"

She cuts me off.

"We need to talk," she paused for a moment, voice stern, "now."

"Well, now isn't exactly the best time," I look towards Louis. I wanted nothing more to just stay here in bed, with him.

"I couldn't give a flying fuck whether you're free to talk or not, you're meeting me," she spits, pissed. "Hexthorpe Park in thirty. Or god help me, Harry, I will end you," she hangs up.

My hand loosens its grip and the phone falls onto the bed.

I faintly recognize Louis speaking but I can't bring myself to make out any words.

I'm trapped behind a pane of soundproof glass and I can't manage to escape. I sojourn as the mob of over pondered thoughts creeps quicker towards me, and there's nothing I can do except allow the rush of words.

How would she? How did she?

Well, maybe I was just hearing things. That's the only logical answer, right? I mean, how would she have even found out? Is it possible Niall told her? I know they called for a bit after school yesterday, but I don't think he would tell her. At least not without talking to me about it first.

If Spencer knows, who else does too?

I could feel as the tight air flew up to wrap around my neck, compressing to prevent words to form. It was cutting the circulation to my thoughts off; my mind stilled. Everything went silent.