Chapter Twelve

"One little lie or dishonest act leads to another until the perpetrator is caught in the web of deceit." -Marvin J. Ashton

[Harry's P.O.V.]
  It had become some sort of tradition at this point. Louis would come over to work on our project then Niall, Louis, and I would end up falling asleep on the couch, the tv on. We turned in our project the other day, earning a pretty good grade, but our tv nights continued.

  "Fuck!"

  Now, why in the world were Niall Horan and Louis Tomlinson yelling a word like that on a Thursday morning?

  I sit up from the sofa, instantly noticing the boys in the kitchen. They had somehow managed to cover the entirety of the stove in some sort of batter. Pancakes are my guess.

  "What happened?"

  "He did it!" They both simultaneously said and pointed to one another, earning a laugh and an eye roll from me.

  "You know what? I'm going for a run. This better be cleaned by the time I get back. Oh! And you two need a shower," I state in a serious manner before running to my bedroom.

  I take a quick glance in the mirror, my hair had become a bit messy but was still held down by the pounds of gel I throw on. My eyes had become red recently due to the overuse of my brown contacts. I had them in overnight and whenever Louis was over after all. I placed a beanie on my head and changed into a new t-shirt and some shorts.

  As I walked past the kitchen, I saw the others working hard at cleaning up their mess and couldn't help but smirk.

  It's honestly a miracle. I don't know whether Louis is just oblivious, or Niall and I are actually pretty good at hiding the fact I'm Harry. Whichever one it is, I have no clue how he hasn't found out yet, but it's a good thing he hasn't.

I still don't know why Louis comes over so much. He's the captain of the football team, he has so many other—cooler and more popular—friends. Why would he rather spend his time with us? Is it possible he pities us? No, I don't think so. I can't think that way.

  My hair is now bouncing on my forehead from my running and a fond smile appears on my face as I remember the scene from not too long ago. Louis and Niall were absolutely covered in flour and pancake batter. Louis' hair was wet, falling perfectly in front of his face. He looked..ho-

  No. No. No. No. What? Was I going to say something? Nope, not me. I don't know. Fuck. I can't think about him like this. Goddammit, Harry. What the hell are you thinking? Oh wait, you aren't. Just— oh my god, shut up. Anyways...

I'm honestly just hoping to have at least the next few weeks off from singing stuff. Don't get me wrong, I love what I do, it's just a lot sometimes.

I re-enter the front door, sweat dripping down my forehead. The mess is cleaned; the sound of a shower lingers in the distance. I run-up to my bedroom and plop on the bed. Seconds later, Louis walks out of my bathroom.

"I hope you don't mind, I used your shower," he states, adjusting the towel that hung dangerously low on his hips.

"Oh no, it's perfectly fine," I barely muster out, my gaze not being able to leave his shining body. There was water dripping down his torso, his hair was disheveled and wet, his abs were prominent, and the best part? He didn't even notice my staring. He was gazing at something on one of my shelves.

Something's happening to me, and it's happening fast.

Louis walks back into the bathroom after grabbing his clothes, presumably to get changed for school. When he leaves, I take his place and jump in the shower.

  Minutes later I switch the water off, and grab my towel, wrapping it around my waist. I then step out of the glass shower door, which was foggy due to the hot steam. I grab an extra towel and begin to run it through my hair as I walk towards the sink mirror, using my other hand to wipe away the fog.

  Staring back at me was my reflection, Harry's reflection. My hair was wet and curly, my eyes were contactless and green, and I could see my tattoos. I missed this. I missed myself.

  I tilt my hair to the side and bring the towel up to my hair and attempt to rid of the water as I open the door to my bedroom.

Sat on my bed was someone staring at me with wide eyes.

short ass chapter, sorry.

actually, no i'm not. suffer :)