Chapter Nine

"I'm stuck in a web of lies, it's futile to struggle, there's no way out, just keep digging myself deeper in this web of lies." -Vasto

[Harry's P.O.V.]
Two weeks passed in the blink of an eye. Spencer, who regularly sat with Niall and me, became a close friend of ours. She was currently waving Niall and me a quick goodbye, as she left to head home after school.

  Today was the day of my concert. The day we would play one of the new songs from my upcoming album.

  Niall and I walked towards Paul's car that was located a block away from the school. My head was kept down, focusing on my feet.

"Harry, you okay?"

I look up at Niall with droopy eyes. "Just thinking," I shrug.

"Let me know if you ever wanna talk. I'll always be here."

I send him an appreciative smile before catching sight of Paul's car.

Once inside, I grew curious about what Spencer did with the extra tickets. So, naturally, I asked Niall.

"I'm pretty sure she gave them out to some of her friends. Or sold them. She offered me one, but I told her I had some sort of family commitment to attend to."

"I guess we'll see before the show."

"When's the show supposed to start?"

"Uhm not sure—Paul!"

"Yes?" Paul raised his eyebrows as he spoke.

"What time does the show begin?"

"Eight. The VIP meet-and-greet will start at seven though."

"Okay..thanks."

"No problem, are you boys hungry?"

"Always," Niall smirks.

I chuckle at his response and end up rolling my eyes. I honestly don't understand how this man could eat so much.

"I could go for some ice cream," I speak, a smile forming on my face.

"Paul, can we stop at a market or gas station for snacks?" Niall beams.

"Of course, Leprechaun."

I giggle at the nickname and Niall playfully smacks my arm.

"Guess you could say he's...lucky," I joke, falling into a fit of laughter, my giggles filling the car.

"I'm not even gonna ..," Niall shakes his head as his hand runs through his currently blonde hair.

  Paul swerves the car into an almost empty parking lot located in front of a small gas station. He tells Niall and me to go ahead while he filled the car up with gasoline; we agree.

A brush of cold air hits us as we walk through the large automated doors. Niall and I split up, separated by the isles and mountains of prepackaged snacks.

My shoes squeaked against the smooth tile of the building as I approached the freezer which contained the ice cream. Seeing as there was only a small variety of ice cream, I open the freezer door and reach my left hand to grab a small container of vanilla bean ice cream. I close the cold door carefully. Then, I enter the candy aisle. I immediately spot my favorite chocolate bar, Twix. I pick one up and head towards the checkout area.

As I'm waiting, Niall comes up to me, arms full of snacks. It was to the point where they continued to fall out of his grasp.

"Need a hand?"