Chapter Two

"Lies and secrets, they are like cancer to the soul. They eat away what is good and leave only destruction behind." -Casandra Clare

[Harry's P.O.V.]
"Harry!"

  I hear a familiar voice shout.

I toss and turn against my soft yet firm mattress, causing my comforter and a few blankets to fall off my bed onto the floor. The voice comes closer as I hear a door fly open.

"Haz, get your ass out of bed!" an Irish voice shouts.

I whine and nuzzle my face into the pillow.

  "Fine, I'll eat your breakfast then."

  "No, I'm up," I say fluttering my eyes open.

  "Good, we get picked up in half an hour," I watch as Niall walks out my bedroom door.

  Half an hour. I sleepily pull myself off from my bed and towards the bathroom. My reflection greets me as I open the wooden door. Bags apparent under my eyes, disheveled hair, and tired eyes. I grip the sink tightly and lean forward above it. I flip on the tap water and reach my hands out, splashing the cold water on my face.

I run my right hand through my unruly, chocolate brown curls as I pick up my toothbrush. I brush my teeth with my mint toothpaste and then use the restroom before heading back into my bedroom.

I then slip on some black skinny jeans and a green jumper/sweatshirt. I place a bandana on my head to prevent my curls from getting in my face.

I walk over to my nightstand and pick up my phone, placing it into my back pocket. I grab my strawberry chapstick, passport, laptop, charger, sunglasses, ID, water bottle, and wallet and place them in the black backpack I would be taking on the plane with me.

I trot into the kitchen to see Niall pulling a few suitcases, including mine, leaving them by the front door.

"About time, we leave in five."

"Sounds good," I mumble.

I shove the bacon and eggs Niall made into my mouth and swallow my tea down.

Just then a knock is heard. I see Niall open the door and Paul is standing on the other side. He grabs our suitcases and gestures for us to follow. We enter the elevator and go down to the first floor. The same slick black limo is out front from yesterday. Niall piles in first, me following behind him. Paul loads the suitcases into the trunk before taking the passenger seat up front. Our driver heads off to the airport.

White flashes blind my eyes as I step out of the limousine. Paps are clicking away, shouting questions at me from all directions.

Even with my sunglasses on the lights still burn my eyes.

Paul instructs Niall and me to continue walking and not answer any questions. He shields us and keeps Niall away from the cameras to prevent him from being printed in any articles.

We rush through security before walking up the steps to one of Modest!'s private jets.

Niall is buzzing with excitement at the thought of returning home. He has been living with me in London for the summer. I, on the other hand, and nervous. Don't get me wrong, I'm happy and grateful to get the chance to return to school, however, I won't be able to be myself. I'll have to hide behind a facade and lie about my identity.

  I zip open my backpack and retrieve my laptop. I open up the Notes feature and create a new note. As I am doing this the plane begins to rumble and ascend into the air.