Chapter Ten

"I became good at pretending. I became so good that after a while the lines blurred between my truth and fiction. And sometimes, when I did a really good job of pretending, I even fooled myself." -Ruta Sepetys

[Harry's P.O.V]

There'll never be another

I promise that I'll love you for the rest of my life.

As my words wrapped up and wrapped around the crowd's heads, my eyes interlocked with the blue eyes from a previous day. Thankfully, the lights shut off and became dark, for if they were still on, everyone would be able to see me standing there, just staring. I didn't move an inch until Niall came over and hugged me.

  The crowd seemed to have loved the song.

  "Again, from the bottom of my heart, thank you all for coming. I've missed you all. Please have a safe and lovely drive home. I'll see you soon, bye!"

  The lights dimmed and I walked off stage. Niall consumed me in another hug. Crew members were congratulating Niall and me as we walked out the wings and in the direction of the dressing rooms.

  "Haz, look," Niall shoved his phone into my hand.

  I looked down at the device and noticed the app Twitter was opened. 'Black and White' was trending along with 'Harry Styles', 'Niall Horan', 'HARRY', 'WHO'S NIALL', 'PROUD OF HARRY', and 'HS4'.

  Woah.

  "Let's go get my phone so we can send a tweet."

  Niall nods in response as we approach the large dressing room door. I opened it halfway, only to see Charlotte packing up. As the door opens wider, my breath hitches. He was in front of me, once again. Every time I look at him the whole world disappears to black. The only light—him.

I almost immediately get a grip.

  Louis?
  What is he doing in here?

  "Hi, Louis," I greet, clearly confused.

  He looks up from his phone, "Hello!"

  "Hey," Niall adds.

  "Wait... Niall, Harry, you know him?" Charlotte speaks.

"Yeah, he goes to our—I mean my—school and we also ran into him at a football game a bit ago," Niall explains, trying his best to cover up the little mistake.

"How do you know him?" I remember the fact that Louis is just sitting in my dressing room, uninvited, and why no one has kicked him out.

"This little piece of shit is my brother," Charlotte walks over and playfully ruffles Louis' hair.

Makes sense.

"Hands off," Louis quips.

  I only remember hearing that Louis had one sister. Her name wasn't Charlotte though. I don't exactly remember what her name was, but it wasn't Charlotte.

"I never knew you had a sister named Charlotte," Niall speaks towards Louis.

  He took the words right out of my mouth.

"Most people don't. She mainly goes by Lottie."

"Oh," Niall and I spoke simultaneously. I'll never get used to that.

"And great show you guys," Louis adds.

"Thanks," I can feel my smile grow.

"Lou, I'm gonna just wait in the car; don't be too long," Charlotte waves us off.