Chapter Four

"It seems too easy to lie in the moment but you always have to tell more lies on top of it to cover your tracks." -Candace Cameron

[Harry's P.O.V.]
The sweet aroma of pancakes and maple syrup fills the entire house. It was now Tuesday morning and I was walking down the large staircase of our house.

My gaze instantly catches Niall and my mother, Anne, sitting at the dinner table.

My mum looks up and greets me, "Harry!", she says excitedly and pulls me into a hug.

"Mum, what are you doing here in Donny?" I ask placing a few pancakes on a plate and sitting down next to Niall.

"I wanted to see you. I'll be staying in one of the guest rooms for a few days. I leave Thursday morning to catch a flight back to Holmes Chapel."

Holmes Chapel, Cheshire is my hometown and where my mother still lives.

"That's amazing!"

"And so are these pancakes!" Niall butts in.

"Thank you. How's school?"

"It's okay. Different, but okay," I take a sip of some orange juice.

"Well, you boys are going to be late. I'll put the plates away. Have fun!" My mum kisses my cheek.

"Nice to see you again, Anne!" Niall waves her goodbye.

"You too!"

"Bye! Love you," I grab my keys, backpack and head out.

School has been pretty boring so far. Niall is sitting across from me, shoving lunch down his throat. After we finish lunch, we have class with Mr. Eldon—who easily became my favorite teacher and class—until I leave halfway through. Paul should be picking me up at the front of the school.

"—then Danielle found out and..."

I tuned out Niall's voice. I think he was talking about some drama that occurred last year, I'm not sure.

My eyes were starting to really bother me. These contacts were itchy. All I wanted to do at the moment was take them out but I know I can't.

I feel a hand grab ahold of my wrist and I come back to the present. I see Niall yanking me to Biology. We walk in and take a seat.

"Take out your textbook and open to page 26," Mr. Eldon instructs.

I comply.

"Where is your book?"

"At home," Louis retorts, and I look up to see Mr. Eldon and Louis bickering again.

"And what's it doing there?" Mr. Eldon crosses his arms.

"Having more fun than me," Louis mumbles.

"I see. And how much fun are you having?"

"Zero."

"Funnily enough that's the same as your grades," the teacher smirks.

The classroom erupts in conversation and laughs.

"Okay, okay. Settle down. Ashton, come help me pass out these worksheets."

A boy sitting on the left of Louis stands up and makes his way to the desk at the front of the classroom. He picks up the thick stack of freshly printed papers.

"I want you to read the article on page 26 and then complete these papers. I'd like it to remain silent..that means you, Tomlinson."

I can see Louis dramatically roll his eyes.