A Child's Decision (Part 3)

The next week was thought to be full of stress but instead it was relaxing. The wedding was gonna be held at a nearby beach and the dress code was no shoes and loose clothes.
    The day before the wedding;
Kai and Ryder were cuddling in bed together until Kai sat up quickly. His eyes were widened largely and he looked around. He looked to his side and saw Ryder sleeping cutely. He smiled happily and kissed his forehead. Ryder's eyes opened slightly and then closed.
"Morning..." Ryder said in a quiet and tired voice. Kai blushed happily as he stood up.
"Good morning love." Kai said as he grabbed a robe off the shelf next to the bed. Ryder sat up slowly and yawned.
"Mm, what time is it?-" Ryder asked before he started to yawn again. Kai walked over to Ryder and decided to pick him up romantically. Ryder's tired eyes became widen eyed.
"H-Hey! K-Kai!" Ryder yelled out embarrassed. Kai looked at Ryder and smiled innocently. Ryder's ears fell to the side and he looked away.
"D-don't make that face you idiot..." Ryder said softly. Kai smiled and started walking out the room. He carried Ryder down to the dining room where Alpha and Trevor sat next to each other eating breakfast. Kai set Ryder down before going into the dining room. Ryder felt the ground and looked back up at Kai. Kai leaned down and kissed Ryder's cheek. Ryder mumbled as he looked away from him. Kai stretched out his tail and pulled Ryder closer to him. Ryder looked back to Kai and with a great amount of hesitance, he quickly got on his tiptoes and kissed Kai's lips. He pulled away quickly and rushed into the dining room. Kai touched his lips and smiled happily. He followed Ryder out shortly after. Ryder sat in the seat across from Trevor and Kai sat in the chair across from Alpha. Trevor and Alpha were eating while looking at a few pictures of banners. Ryder sat up and looked at the pictures.
"What are those for?" Ryder asked curiously. Trevor looked up at Ryder.
"It's for the coordination." Trevor said, pushing a few pictures over to his side of the table. Ryder looked at them.
"So- Have you guys figured out how to make you both kings?" Kai asked curiously as he ate his breakfast. Alpha looked up from the banners.
"Yeah we have sorted it out." Alpha said. Ryder smiled.
"The wolf species will have two great kings." Ryder said. Trevor smiled and looked at Alpha. Alpha smiled happily and felt Trevor's hand secretly make its way down his pants. Alpha turned to Trevor quickly and glared at him. Trevor smiled unsurely. Kai sat up quickly and smiled.
"BACHELOR PARTIES!" Kai yelled out. Alpha and Trevor's eyes widened quickly and turned to Kai.
"Oh shit- I forgot about that!" Trevor said quickly, standing up from his chair. Alpha looked at Trevor and then looked down at the table.
"Well- what if we just have the party at the beach at the neighboring village. I heard they have an amazing view." Alpha said nervously. Trevor looked down at Alpha and sat back down quickly.
"That sound perfect my love." Trevor said, grabbing Alpha's hands and kissing them. Kai snickered.
"I think you forgot... you guys can't see each other at all till the wedding after the bachelor party." Kai said. Trevor and Alpha looked over to Kai with an edgy glare.
"You think we don't already know that dumbass?" Alpha said. Kai froze with slight fear. Both Alpha and Trevor turned to Ryder with an evil request in their eyes. Ryder groaned and turned to Kai. He used his foot to push Kai's chair backwards. His chair fell backwards with Kai going with.
     Alpha and Trevor chuckled. Kai sat up quickly and pulled Ryder down to the ground in revenge.
"Wa!" Ryder yelled before going down. Trevor and Alpha started to laugh.

         Jay ran through the halls until he caught up with Lin Jane. Lin Jane walked through the halls slowly. Jay pulled in her apron and smiled.
"Mommy! You wouldn't believe what I saw earlier! There was a small green frog! It was so c-" Jay yelled until he cut himself off when he happened to catch the eye of what the object was in his moms hand. Lin Jane stood in the hallway frozen with a large kitchen knife in her hand. Jay felt nervous and he started walking backwards. Then he started running.
Kai helped Ryder back up to the chair then sat down. Jay ran through the room before he tripped on the chair that Ryder and Kai fell on previously.
"KAI!" Jay screamed. Kai looked down at Jay quickly. So did Ryder, Trevor, and Alpha. Kai knelt down and picked Jay up.
"Jay what's wrong? Kai asked.
"And are you alright?" Ryder asked, standing up and looking at the now large cut on Jay's leg. Jay tried to pull away quickly.
"Mommy! She has a knife Kai!" Jay screamed. Alpha and Trevor stood up immediately. Kai stared at Jay unsurely.
"What do you mean?" Kai asked. Trevor didn't bother to go around the large table. He jumped over it and pulled Jay away from Kai and set him down on the floor.
"Kai- Your mother has been experiencing suicidal thoughts." Trevor said. Jay started to run back to Lin Jane and Alpha followed him. Trevor looked at Ryder.
"Stay with him." Trevor said then ran after Jay and Alpha. Kai stood there frozen and confused but mostly just shocked. His eyes were widened and he held back shaking. Ryder walked slowly in front of Kai.
"Kai?-" Ryder asked nervously, moving his hand slowly to Kai's hand. Kai stumbled backwards in shock and fell on the ground. Ryder's eyes widened and he quickly got on the ground to check if Kai was ok.
"Kai?!" Ryder said frightened. Kai used his tail to cover his face and his hands covered his eyes. Ryder moved Kai's tail and moved his hands.
"K-" Ryder started but froze when he saw Kai's face.
Kai was shredding tears and was trembling a lot.
"Kai?-" Ryder asked worriedly.
"S-She's suicidal..." Kai trembled in confusion. Ryder put his arms around Kai's chest and hugged him tightly.
"I'm sure she is fine. She might just be grieving over your father's death." Ryder said quietly. Kai started shaking and lots of tears started falling from his face. Ryder closed his eyes and tried to comfort him as best as he could.
A few hours later, Kai sat with Jay alone. Alpha and Ryder left to go pickup his wedding suit. Trevor was with Lin Jane trying to calm her. Kai sat on Ryder's bed looking down at the ground. Jay was sitting in a crisscross position on the ground looking at Kai.
"How long has she been like that, Jay?" Kai asked quietly. Jay looked down at the floor.
"Five months?-" Jay said questionably. Kai looked up at Jay with shock.
"W-what?-" Kai asked trembling. Jay looked up at Kai.
"Kai Kai, she misses father..." Jay said unfortunately. Kai slid off the bed and onto the ground. He quickly hugged Jay. Jay hugged Kai back tightly.
"B-brother... I don't want to live with mommy." Jay said. Kai felt tears fall from his eyes again.
"I-I-I'm scared of her." Jay said. Kai nodded his head. They both sat there on the ground hugging each other for awhile.