The Mission Starts (Part 14)

The next morning, unfortunately, Ryder, Trevor, and Alpha were getting ready to leave. Kai stood at the door as he watched Ryder get his backpack setup. Ryder caught a glimpse of Kai staring down at him. He looked up at him and stood back up. He walked towards Kai and sighed.
"Kai-" Ryder started to say until he was interrupted by Kai pulling him closer. Ryder blushed at the fact that he was less then an inch away from his face.
"Stay safe." Kai said. Ryder smiled and kissed Kai's cheek.
"Anything for you Kai." Ryder said. Kai smiled then nodded.
"Stay by Alpha please. You have to come back to me in one piece." Kai said. Ryder chuckled and hugged Kai. Kai hugged back.
When Ryder pulled away, he went over to his backpack and put it on. Trevor and Alpha were saying goodbye to Arthur at the door.

Arthur was about 2 and a half years old. He was a baby dragon. He had dark black hair with a small silver streak down the side of his hair. His eyes were silver and gold skull pupils. His horns were gold and his tail had a mix of silver and gold.

"In a dragon's culture, there were four legendary dragons and then the common ones. In this case, Kai, Jay, Shawna, Caroo, and Lin Jane were common dragons. But Arthur was one of the four legendarys.
The four consisted of Emerald, Gold, Silver, and Diamond. The commons consisted of Ore, Rock, and Metal. That made Kai a rock dragon.
Normally, you'd only see rock dragons and rarely Metal or Ore dragons. And the legendary dragons were normally only seen by the people that the dragons want them to see them. An imperfect example would be the dead King and Queen of dragons. The first two dragons to show themselves. The queen was the heir of a silver dragon clan and the king was a peasant boy of the golden clan."

When they finished, they handed him carefully to Kai and walked over to their backpacks. They all looked at Kai and waved. Ryder looked over at Arthur and looked at him funny. Then he looked back up at Kai and smiled before giving him a blow kiss. They all turned around and left through the waterfall. Kai sighed and looked down at Arthur who was in his hands.
"So... this is what a silver or gold dragon looks like. I'm assuming that your parents were a silver dragon and a gold dragon?" Kai asked himself.
"You would be the heir then." Kai added then smiled before walking back into the cabin.

Ryder, Trevor, and Alpha stopped in the next closest village to send the message to Lin Jane. Trevor had to send it since Ryder couldn't step a foot into that town without being recognized.
Trevor walked through the town with Alpha, trying to find a mailing cabin. Trevor stopped and looked around.
"Should we ask for help?" Trevor asked, suggesting the idea to Alpha. Alpha looked around a bit more then nodded his head.
They walked over to a food stand where an older, buffer wolf was handing it.
"Excuse me sir." Trevor called out, as both Alpha and him walked up to the food stand.
"Yes, how can I help you two?" The wolf asked.
"We are hoping you could tell us where the nearest mailing cabin is." Trevor said calmly.
"Ah, our mailing cabin was shut down for the time being. But the royal guards office was doing the mail for now, so you can go there and they'll send it for you." The wolf said. Trevor and Alpha stared at the wolf nervously.
"T-thank you sir, we'll be on o-our way now..." Trever said nervously as he turned around and started walking. Alpha ran up to Trevor.
"What should we do?" Alpha asked curiously. Trevor looked at Alpha.
"I say we should move onto the next town. Maybe they'll have a working mail cabin." Trevor suggested. Alpha nodded his head.
"If not, I'll go into the royal guards office instead." Alpha said. Trevor shook his head no.
"No. You are more wanted then me." Trevor said.
"They'd kill you on sight Trevor." Alpha said strictly. Trevor and Alpha stopped walking and stared at each other for a couple seconds.
"We will live to see each other get old. If there ain't a working mail cabin anywhere, then screw it." Trevor said. Alpha smiled and grabbed Trevor's hand.
"Let's get going to the next village then." Alpha said. Trevor smiled and started walking back to Ryder, holding Alpha's hand.

At the next village, it was the same. The mailing cabin was being run by royal guards instead. Alpha, Trevor, and Ryder didn't know what do do at that point. They stayed under the forest trees outside a random village. Alpha stayed standing while Ryder and Trevor stayed sitting down next to each other. Ryder was looking at the map, trying to find a place that would have a normal running mailing cabin.
"What should we do?" Trevor asked disappointedly. Ryder looked up at Trevor.
"In the last town, were the guards younger?" Ryder asked. Trevor looked at Ryder and moved his eyes up, thinking about the question. He moved his eyes back to Ryder and nodded his head. Ryder smiled.
"I got an idea." Ryder said. Alpha turned to Ryder, curious about what his idea was. Ryder looked down at the map and snickered.
    At the village, Ryder walked through the town alone. He walked straight over to the mailing office that the younger wolf guards were running. He opened the door and went right up to the counter.
"Excuse me." Ryder said kindly. The younger guard looked up at Ryder and his eyes widened. He turned to the wall and looked at a picture of Ryder on a wanted paper. He turned to Ryder and stood up from his seat.
"I need you to mail this." Ryder said, handing it to the guard. The guard looked at Ryder weirdly like he was crazy.
"Y-You are-" The guard trembled nervously. Ryder groaned.
"Yes, I'm Prince Ryder. But I'm on a serious mission to find my delinquent older brother, Prince Trevor." Ryder said strictly. The guard loosened up and took the letter.
"It's going to a dragons mail container?" The guard asked curiously, looking at the address on the letter envelope.
"Yes. That's the queens maid. She gives the mail to her." Ryder said. The guard nodded his head.
"Ok, got it." The guard said, stamping the envelope.
"It's urgent so please hurry." Ryder said. The guard nodded his head and set the envelope into a fast basket. Ryder nodded his head then walked out of the cabin. He walked through the village and back to Alpha and Trevor who were waiting patiently at their camp. When they saw him, they both let out a sigh.
"Did it." Ryder said smiling. Trevor smiled.
"Wow, you are way more mature then you were before." Trevor said, patting his back.
Alpha rolled his eyes.
"He's not a kid Trev. He will mature even more after time." Alpha said, as he started packing their things. Trevor knelt down and looked at Alpha.
"Babe, do you know how to hunt?" Trevor asked. Alpha looked at Trevor who was putting out the fire.
"No I don't. I only know how to fight and protect." Alpha said. Trevor's stomach groaned.
"What are we gonna eat?" Trevor asked nervously. Ryder was putting their water supply away as he overheard his brother and brother in law talk.
"Uhm- I know how." Ryder said nervously. Trevor and Alpha looked straight at Ryder. Ryder turned towards the two and rubbed his ear.
"Kai taught me how to hunt." Ryder said. Trevor and Alpha smiled.
"I only know a little bit since our last hunt didn't end very well." Ryder said.
"But I know enough on how to catch rabbit and wild chickens." Ryder added. Trevor smiled with impressiveness.
"I'm impressed." Trevor said. Ryder smiled happily at his brother comment. Alpha nodded his head.
"Then we will have food at our next stop." Alpha said.
      When they finished cleaning up, they continued moving on. They walked for quite a long time till they finally stopped when the sun went down. Luckily it was the end of spring so it was getting way warmer then how nights were before but still pretty cold since they were at a higher elevation. Alpha and Ryder started up a fire while Trevor sat in a comfy spot with blankets. Ryder and Alpha stepped back. Alpha sat next to Trevor and got comfy. Ryder sat down on branches and stared at the fire. Alpha fell asleep pretty quickly. He leaned on Trevor's shoulder, leaning against a rock just like Trevor. Trevor started to fall asleep then looked at Ryder. Ryder was still staring at the fire. Trevor grabbed his back and pulled out another blanket and threw it at Ryder. It hit Ryder in the face, making him look up directly after.
"It's still cold." Trevor said with a smile. Ryder nodded his head and laid out the blanket so he could lay on it. He sat on the laid out blanket and stared at the fire again. Trevor's smile turned into a frown. He stared at at Ryder curiously.
"What are you thinking about?" Trevor asked. Ryder stared at the fire as he listened to Trevor's question. He formed a smile.
"Kai. The flames remind me of him." Ryder said happily. Trevor made a confused face and stared at Ryder questionably.
"How? Kai is a rock dragon. He'd have to be a silver dragon to be anything distinctively alike to fire." Trevor asked, explaining this to Ryder. Ryder looked up at Trevor with soft eyes.
"Kai's tail, hair stripe, and eyes are fire red." Ryder said, turning back to the fire.
"He's always so warm and beautiful... just like the fire." Ryder explained. Trevor stared at Ryder with a smile. A happy smile. He leaned on Alpha's head and closed his eyes.
"Good night Ry." Trevor said smiling before becoming quiet. Ryder laid down on the blanket and closed his eyes.
"Good night Kai." Ryder said before falling asleep.

1724 Words - Kaylee B.