Reunite (Part 12)

Lance and Kai stand there isn't silence and shock. Lance was wide eyed and staring.
"You— you are Ryder's boyfriend?!" Lance yelled. Kai nodded quickly and grabbed his backpack and bow and walked up to Lance.
"Where was the last time you saw him?" Kai asked quickly. Lance trembled in shock and pointed the direction behind him.
"Ten minutes ago, that direction." Lance said. Kai started that way quickly. Lance felt awkward and decided to follow him.
"Can I walk with you?-" Lance asked. Kai shrugged his shoulders, not caring at the point he was at. Lance sighed and continued to follow Kai.
Kai got curious at some point.
"Hey Lance, why were you and Ryder out at this time anyways?" Kai asked. Lance looked away from where he was looking at to look at the back of Kai's head.
"Well— Ryder was leaving me and my family's home to go look for his brother. We gave him the location but forgot to warn him about something. So my father sent me after him to warn him. I was able to catch up to him in time but then we accidentally ran into those guards." Lance explained. Kai reread what Lance said a few times curiously. Lance stopped at a spot on a path.
"Uhm- Kai do you know how to track?" Lance asked. Kai stopped and turned towards Lance. Lance pointed out a spot where Ryder would've walked and a few broken tree branches going that way. Kai smiled.
"Yes I do!" Kai said happily and he started following the train. Lance quickly followed behind.

Ryder was running with his sword. He stopped to take a deep breathe of air when he heard the guards. He continued to run, not getting his breathe of air. He stared feeling tired and then ran directly into a tree. He fell onto his but and started gasping for air. He started getting up but stopped when he felt a sword up to his neck.
"Prince Ryder Dawn. I thought you were back at home." The guard asked. Ryder's ears fell behind his head and he looked up at the guard slowly.
His eyes started to shut until he heard the other two guards grunt and fall on the ground. The one with the sword was now shaking. He dropped the sword and then all Ryder heard was another person fall onto the ground. Ryder smiled and coughed a little bit.
"Lance, is that you?" Ryder asked, turned towards the direction he heard the guards fall.
Lance and Kai stood there. Ryder's eyes focused and then widened. His ears fell back at the way and his tail fell. Lance looked at Ryder then Kai awkwardly. Ryder was so shocked that tears began to fall from his ears. Kai smiled and dropped his bag and bow immediately. Ryder trembled as he tries to speak.
"K-Kai" Ryder said successfully. Kai smiled happily as he felt tears fall down his face. Then immediately, both other ran into each others hug. Kai hugged Ryder tightly, not wanting to let him go. Ryder hugged Kai tighter as he started crying.
"Kai I missed you so much!" Ryder said. Kai smiled and pulled away from his and Ryder's tight hug. He touched his chin.
"Hey, you remember when you kissed me?" Kai asked with a smile. Ryder smiled happily and nodded. Kai entangled his hand into Ryder's and got closer to his lips.
"It's my turn now." Kai said slowly. Ryder smiled as blush began to flush out his pail cheeks. Kai pulled him towards his body releasing his pink blush. Ryder looked at Kai then kissed him directly on the lips. Ryder didn't hesitate to kiss back. Lance felt awkward but happy for them at the same time. They broke the kiss and looked at each other.
"Don't ever scare me again." Kai said. Ryder chuckled.
"I won't." Ryder said happily. Lance looked at the soldiers.
"Did you kill them?" Lance asked curiously. Kai nodded his head.
"If I kept them alive, they would've told the king and queen that Ryder escaped because from the sound of it, they don't know." Kai explained, looking over at Lance. Ryder nodded his head slowly. Kai turned back to Ryder.
"Lance said you were looking for your brother?" Kai said, asking whether it was true or not. Ryder looked up at Kai.
"Yes, I have a plan that me and—" Ryder started to say then stared at Kai's face.
"I've got a lot to tell you—" Ryder said nervously. Kai looked at Ryder confusedly.
They all traveled together. Ryder and Kai dropped Lance off back at his and his family's cabin and then they both left together. Ryder was holding Kai's hand as they walked.
"So, I got a plan to take out my mother and father." Ryder said as they walked. He was looking at the map so they knew where to go. Kai looked over at Ryder.
"My brother is the heir to the throne. I want to bring him back in time to take the throne. There is someone inside the castle who has a way to take my parents out right before we arrive." Ryder said. Kai was surprised.
"Wow, that's a way better plan then what I had." Kai said embarrassedly. Ryder looked at Kai curiously.
"You had a plan?" Ryder asked. Kai smiled. He wrapped his arm around Ryder's waist.
"Mhm, and it had to do with saving you." Kai said with a large grin on his face right before he moved his hand on Ryder butt and clenched his hand on his butt cheek. Ryder gasped and pushed Kai away.
"Hey!" Ryder said as blush started to devour his face. Kai started laughing. Ryder crossed his arms.
"Now I'm interested in hearing your, not as good as my plan, plan." Ryder said. Kai stopped laughing and looked over at Ryder.
"I was gonna find my way in and kill your parents." Kai said embarrassingly. Ryder smiled and grabbed Kai's hand again.
"Well we can still reenact how you were gonna save me." Ryder said. Kai glares down at the ground as they started walking again.
"I'm happy we were able to run into each other." Ryder said. Kai smiled.
"I am too." Kai said, looking back up at Ryder.

When it got dark, Ryder and Kai decided to rest awhile. Kai was making a fire so they'd be warm. Kai leaned on a tree sitting on the ground while Ryder sat up next to the fire. Kai started to doze off when he felt Ryder . Ryder moved back and leaned on Kai's shoulder. Kai looked at Ryder and grabbed his hands. Ryder smiled.
"Are you tired?" Ryder asked curiously.
"Yeah, a bit." Kai said, closing his eyes again. Ryder closed his eyes.
"Ryder, do you wanna live with me when this is all over?" Kai  mumbled. Ryder opened his eyes and looked at Kai. He smiled. Kai opened his eyes and looked at Ryder. Ryder kissed Kai quickly, surprising Kai but Kai kissed back soon after. Ryder pulled away and smiled. Kai looked at Ryder, eager for an answer to his question. Ryder nodded his head.
"Of course. I would love to live with you Kai." Ryder said as he laid his head back on Kai's shoulder. Kai smiled happily and held onto Ryder's hand.
    In the morning, Kai and Ryder started there way again. Ryder was still sleepy so he rode his horse while Kai walked the horse the correct direction. Later that day, Kai woke Ryder up. Ryder sat up slowly and yawned. Kai put his arms around Ryder's waist and picked him up, lifting him off the horse and setting him on the ground slowly. Ryder rubbed his eyes then looked around. He was clueless until he heard the sound. The sound of rushing water.
   Kai grabbed Ryder's hand after tying the horse off and walked him over to the waterfall.
"We are here." Kai said. Ryder's eyes widened as they got closer to a cliff. They kept moving closer till they could look down. The waterfall was coming out of the ground.
"Wow, this is amazing!" Ryder said. Kai smiled.
"It's beautiful. No wonder why your brother decided to live here." Kai said. Ryder nodded his head.
"According to James, he lives behind the waterfall." Ryder said leaning over the edge. Kai grabbed ahold of his waist to keep him from falling. Ryder turned to Kai.
"How do we get down?" Ryder asked. Kai looked over the cliff and then around the surrounding area. Ryder pulled out the map and was shocked at the sight.
"It shows that the only way down is a cave that's on the other side of this place." Ryder said shockingly.
     The waterfall fell into a miles long hole. It was deep and and miles wide.
   Kai and Ryder looked over to where the other side would be at the same time.
"That'd take days—" Kai said, wide eyed and enormously shocked. Ryder looked down the waterfall and turned to Kai slowly.
"A waterfall always falls into a river below." Ryder said. Kai's eyes widened and he shook his head no.
"No, absolutely not. Even if there is a enticed down there, who the hell knows how deep it is." Kai said strictly. Ryder sighed and nodded his head.
"Yeah I understand." Ryder said and walked back to the horse slowly. Kai followed him.
"I mean, it'll be fine! We can spare a few extra days right?" Kai asked nervously. Ryder nodded.
   They both started walking but didn't get farther then a mile. They'd been walking until they heard a yell. It was a wolf guard. Or more like dozens of them. Kai and Ryder's eyes widened and they stared at the dozens of wolf guards that were standing a few dozen yards away. Ryder quickly grabbed their bags, threw one of them into Kai's hands and started running. Kai did t hesitate to run as well. They ran quickly as they were followed by the dozens.
    They eventually and unfortunately ran right into the end of the cliff. Kai and Ryder were terrified and stared down at the unseeable ground in the hole. Kai felt nervously but then threw his backpack down the waterfall. Ryder's eyes widened large and turned to Kai quickly.
"KAI WHAT THE H-" Ryder started screaming until he heard a splash. Ryder and Kai looked down surprised and Kai smiled.
"I didn't hear anything shatter..." Kai said. Ryder smiled.
"So it's deeper and not shallow!" Ryder yelled. Right after, they heard the running steps of the guards. Ryder quickly threw his backpack down the waterfall. Kai turned towards the dozens of guards standing in a line, cutting them off. He turned to Ryder and pulled him close. Ryder looked at Kai and nodded his head. Kai closed his eyes and leaned over with Ryder in his arms.

      They both fell down the waterfall until they hit freezing cold water.

      1844 Words - Kaylee B.