First Meet (Part 4)

Warning:
Cuss Words

Earlier That Night
{Ryder's POV}
   I found a nice place to camp for the night. It was a mile away from a small creek that I intend to get water from in the morning. I rested awhile in my small but good enough tent until I heard a tree branch crack.
   I got up from my warm sleeping bag and unzipped the tent doorway. I stepped out quietly and looked around. I walked around slowly to see if I could find the reason for the branch crack. And then I saw him again. I saw that dragon from
the trail looking around the area.

It was like the dragon boy was wondering around. I started following him after I marked my camp on a map. His silky black hair swung through the wind. Was he looking for something? That's what I thought for awhile. I kept following him until I smelt some smoke and then saw some smoke in the sky. It was the dragon boys camp?
   I went around a tree and ducked into a bush and that is when I saw.. them. The dragon boy and three other dragons. An older women and two younger dragons. They looked exhausted.
   One of the younger dragons sat next to the dragon boy. The younger dragon looked like the dragon boy. Maybe his baby brother or son? The dragon boy got a blanket and laid it over the other young dragon and the women. After awhile, there was some talking but I couldn't hear what was being said. Then the dragon boy took his coat off and laid it over the younger dragon that was leaning on the dragon boy.
   I pulled out the map that I marked my camp location on and marked the dragons camp location. I stood up to leave but then I accidentally brushed on a tree which made a loud scratching noise. I turned towards the dragons slowly to see the dragon boy staring at me. He didn't move or anything, just sat and stared.

It was a cold night and the dragon boy was only wearing a whitish grey t-shirt since he took his coat off and gave it to the younger dragon.
I don't know why but I took my coat off and folded it. Then I moved slowly over to the dragon boy and stopped when I was maybe like eight or nine feet away. The dragon boy was frozen and when I started moving towards them he started to move but stopped realizing that the younger dragon was still leaning on him. The dragon boy looked over to me quickly and saw that I had stopped moving.
I leaned down and put the coat on the ground. Then looked at the dragon boy.
"It's cold out." I said quietly.
The dragon boys eyes were wide open as if he were shocked.
I looked at the surrounding supplies that they had then looked at my coat.
"Stay warm." I said then looked at the dragon boy. I stood back up and looked at the dragon boy.
   The dragon boy continued staring at me in shock.

{Narrators POV}
   Kai Kai stared at the Ryder. Kai Kai thought to himself, "Why was a wolf being nice?!"
After a little while, Ryder grabbed his map and kneeled down. Ryder looked over at Kai Kai and edged his way very slowly over towards Kai Kai. Kai Kai hesitated for a second but then relaxed. Ryder held up the map and pointed to a dot.
"That is my camp." Ryder said as he slid his finger over to a different dot.
"This is your camp."
Kai Kai followed Ryder's finger.
Ryder slid his finger over to another dot that was farther away then the previous two dots were.
"This is the nearest village. It has been overrun by wolves already. I recon that is where.. your family is going?" Ryder said turning his head towards Kai Kai.
Kai Kai stared at the map. Ryder was correct. That village was straight forward from the direction of Kai Kai's uncles Cabin.
"Yes... i-it is..." Kai Kai struggled to say because he was scared.
Ryder looked down at the ground, understanding why Kai Kai struggled to say that. Ryder looked back up at Kai Kai's face. Kai Kai didn't want to turn towards Ryder because he was too scared but turned his head slowly towards Ryder. They both stared at each other for a pretty long time.
   They were inches away from each other then Ryder looked at the ground.
"Can I sit?" Ryder asked looking at Kai Kai again.
Kai Kai looked at his brother and Shawna then to Ryder.
Kai Kai nodded slowly thinking whether he will regret it or not.
Ryder smiled and sat down on the ground slowly so he wouldn't wake Shawna, Caroo, and Jay up. Ryder looked up at Kai Kai.
"What's your name?" Ryder asked quietly.
Kai Kai looked at the ground refusing to answer.
Ryder sat there looking at Kai Kai.
"I know you have millions of reasons not to trust me because I am a wolf but you can trust me."
Kai Kai looked up at Ryder and hesitated for a second.
"My name is Kai Kai."
Ryder looked up at Kai Kai.
"That's a cool name." Ryder says.
Kai Kai blushes in embarrassment then looked up at Ryder.
"W-What's your name?" Kai Kai asks trying not to stutter.
Ryder snickers a little.
"My name is Ryder."
Kai Kai stays quiet while looking at the ground.
   Ryder looks up at Kai Kai.
"I am gonna head back to my camp. If you need anything... Please don't be scared to talk o me." Ryder says.
Kai Kai looks up at Ryder and blinks a couple times. Ryder stands up slowly and grabs his coat. He unfolds it and slowly lays it on top of Kai Kai. Kai Kai stares at Ryder with a confused look.
"Stay Warm Ok Kai Kai?"
Kai Kai nods slowly and enjoys the warmth of the coat.
Ryder smiles and walks into the direction of his camp.
Kai Kai watches Ryder leave until he couldn't see him anymore.
   Kai Kai lays his head down and closes his eyes and falls asleep.