abuse

TW: abuse, rape, sexual assault

Dating Cobie was the best thing you had ever decided to do. When she asked you to be her girlfriend, you said yes with no hesitations. She was perfect and loved you unconditionally, unlike your last boyfriend.

He was horrible to you, hitting you for the most minor of things, sexually assaulting you over and over, no matter how much you protested against it.

Now, you were content with your life, and cherished every waking moment. Everyday little things would shock you, like how Cobie would look at you when you spoke and actively listened.

She had never forced you into doing anything you weren't comfortable with and even though it was the bare minimum, you appreciated it immensely.

Walking into your living room, she smiled at your sleeping form on the couch, your arm hanging over the edge. She put her stuff in the kitchen before picking you up.

"I'm sorry," you mumbled. "What for, love?" she wrapped your blanket around you. "I fell asleep," you snuggled your head into the crook of her neck. "Hey, you don't have to apologise for that, sleep is important," she carried you to the kitchen.

"I love you," you whispered. "I love you more, baby. Look, I got you flowers," she picked up the bouquet. "They're beautiful," you admired the light pink and white arrangement. "Just like you," she marvelled at your fascinated expression.

"Can you get a vase out the drawer while I do the dishes?" she asked you. "Yeah," you walked over to the cabinets and reached up for a vase. It was really high up and you were on the tips of your toes when it fell and smashed.

Tears began flowing down your cheeks, while you knew Cobie would never hurt you, you couldn't help but be terrified. You were shaking, repeatedly muttering, "please don't hurt me."

She walked over to you, placing a hand on your cheek, "are you hurt?" You shook your head. "I would never cause harm to you, baby, I promise. You're safe with me, nobody can hurt you now. In all honesty, that vase was kind of ugly anyway," she chuckled.

"I'm so sorry," you cried into her chest. "You have nothing to be sorry for, honey," she kissed the top of your head. Go up to bed, I'll clean this up." You looked up at her, "are you sure?" She smiled and wiped your cheeks with her thumbs, "completely."