you're sick and she takes care of you

i had this in the drafts but wasn't planning on publishing it and then someone requested it so here it is ig

You lay in bed, asleep after hours of coughing and sneezing. Cobie had been trying her hardest to get you to sleep for ages but you just couldn't. Eventually she started singing to you and your eyes fluttered shut, as her soothing voice helped you sleep.

Cobie looked down at you, brushing stray hairs out of your face, pressing occasional kisses to the top of your head. You smiled slightly in your sleep, moving closer to her. She pulled you close to her chest and held you tightly.

She rubbed your back gently, she knew your body was aching and no amount of painkillers could help you. Watching you stir awake, she frowned when you started coughing again.

"It's okay, you're okay," she reassured you, continuing to rub your back. "It hurts," you croaked out. "I know baby, I'm sorry," she sighed, helping you drink some water. "Can you please read to me?" you asked her.

"Of course I can," she smiled, reaching over to pick up Little Women. You weren't really listening to what she was saying, you were just happy to be hearing her voice. It was calming and peaceful and made you feel safe.

Cobie held you in her arms as she read, your head on her chest, hearing her heartbeat. "I love you," you whispered to her. "I love you too," she kissed your forehead.

When you fell asleep again, Cobie silently slipped out of bed, going to the kitchen to cook you some soup. She brought it upstairs and lightly brushed her lips against your cheek, watching your eyes slowly open.

"Good morning, baby," she chuckled. "Morning," you smiled at her. "I made you some soup," she gestured towards the bowl she had placed on your bedside table. "Thank you," you grinned. "No need to thank me, it's my job as your girlfriend to take care of you," she picked up the bowl.

You slowly ate the soup, watching a film on your laptop. After you finished it, you went to put your bowl downstairs but Cobie stopped you, "no, it's okay. I'll take it, you stay here." When she came back, she brought ice cream and chocolate, making you happy.

Smiling, you cuddled back up to her, feeling at home in her embrace. She handed you a spoon and you began to eat your cookies and cream ice cream. "I love you so much," you mumbled, mouth full of ice cream. "I love you so much more," she giggled as she pressed play and How I Met Your Mother started playing.

a/n: it's short and i hate it ikik🤠