you think she's going to hit you

You walked into your room, smiling at Cobie as you saw her sitting on the bed, working on something. Sitting next to her, you pulled out your phone and went to put your head on her shoulder but she shrugged you off.

Thinking nothing of it, you just opened tiktok and began to fall down an endless spiral of meaningless videos. After a while, you got bored and decided you wanted some attention so you put your phone down and kissed your girlfriend on the cheek.

She completely ignored you, leading you to kiss her a couple more times before she kissed you back quickly and going back to her work. You lay on the pillows, smiling like an idiot at the tiny bit of affection Cobie had shown you.

You rested your head on her lap but she moved you away before you sighed quietly. "I love you," you looked up at her. "Mk," she nodded, her face completely expressionless. "Baby?" you questioned her. "Hm?" she raised an eyebrow, still not looking at you.

"Are you mad at me?" you kissed her thigh. "No," she mumbled. "Why won't you say you love me?" you pouted. She moved moved her hand to pick up her laptop to put it on the floor but you subconsciously flinched and moved away from her.

After you realised what you did, tears formed in both your eyes and hers. "Baby I would never hurt you," she pulled you into her arms tightly. "I know," tears fell from your eyes.

"I'm sorry," she kissed your temple. "It's not your fault," you shook your head. "I shouldn't have ignored you. I was just really stressed about work but I know that is no excuse," she held your hand.

"You can go back to work now," you shuffled out of her embrace. "No, no, baby, just let me hold you," she pulled you back to her. "No," you told her, firmly, before walking out the room so you could get some air.

Cobie wanted to follow you but she knew it would only make the situation worse. You sat in the kitchen, a glass of water in hand, trying to distract yourself from what happened. You couldn't help but feel bad for flinching away from your girlfriend. She had never intentionally hurt you before, and you knew she never would.

Hearing footsteps coming closer towards you, you slightly tensed up, unsure of what to say to Cobie, even though it had been about 20 minutes. "I'm sorry," you whispered. "You have nothing to be sorry for, baby, I'm the one who's in the wrong, and I'm so sorry, I love you and I shouldn't have ignored you. You mean the whole world to me, I would never, ever even dream of hurting you," she told you.

"Can we go to bed now?" you shyly asked her. "Of course we can," she held her hand out, and you placed yours in hers. You both slowly made your way upstairs, Cobie still trying to apologise for scaring you. "It's not your fault," you shook your head.

You lay down in your bed, Cobie hesitantly joining you. Nuzzling your face into her chest, you felt her relax and wrap her arms around you, "I love you, so much baby. No part of me would ever want to harm you, please know that." You kissed the underside of her jaw, "I know, I love you too," you mumbled before your girlfriend turned off the lamp next to your bed.

Cobie nudged your arm slightly, pointing to the ceiling. As you looked up at it, you saw the glow in the dark stars, beaming down on you. "They're beautiful," you muttered, in awe. "Just like you," she smiled.

"They're for you, because you are my sun, moon and stars. I love you more than there are stars in the sky and I wanted to do something to show you that. I don't know what I'd do if I lost you. I can't believe I'm lucky enough to call you mine," she kissed you softly. "That's kinda gay of you, Jacoba," you smirked.

a/n: hello hello hello