she gets protective when you're drunk

tw: man (creepy man, creepy man tries to take advantage of drunk reader)
im not too good at writing trigger warnings but this chapter could be quite triggering to some so read with caution

You were at a party with Cobie, drunk out of your mind, dancing with her as she held you protectively. She kissed your cheek gently before Chris pulled her away to talk to her.

Slowly, you stumbled back to your booth, patiently waiting for you girlfriend to come back to you. A man approached you and slid next to you, "now what's a pretty girl like you doing all alone?"

Feeling uncomfortable, you shifted in your seat as your hands began to shake while the man eyed you up and down, "I'm just waiting for my girlfriend." He chuckled, "oh so you're gay?" You nodded, "very." The grin on his face was sickening, "I'm sure I can fix that, darling."

"Don't call me that?" you scowled, trying not to slur your words so he wouldn't pick up on the fact that you were drunk out of your mind. "Don't call you what, darling?" he emphasised the name.

You tried to get up and walk away, but the man wrapped his arm around your waist, pulling you back down, "don't go running away, sweetheart, we were just getting started."

"Baby, is this man bothering you," Florence came wrapped her arm around your shoulders, pulling you close to her body. "Oh she's doing just fine," he growled. "Get the fuck away," Cobie walked over and slapped him across the face.

"What the fuck?" he shouted, grabbing you by your shirt and attempting to drag you with him. "Hands off my girl, before you regret it," your girlfriend shoved him to the ground as you squirmed to get out of his grasp.

"I was just having a little fun," he smirked. Cobie grabbed your hand, rolling her eyes at the man, flipping him off as she gently helped you get away from him. As soon as you were sat in the booth on her lap, you broke down in tears.

"Shh, baby it's okay, he's gone," she rubbed your back gently. "I'm sorry, I'm so sorry," you cried. "You have nothing to be sorry for, my love," she kissed the top of your head. "I should've tried harder to get away from him," you buried your face in her neck.

"You handled that so well, sweetheart. Please don't feel like you have anything to apologise for," she draped her leather jacket over your shoulders.

Just then, Florence walked over to you both and you jumped into her embrace, "thank you so much, Flo," you held her tightly. "I just did the bare minimum. I hope you're okay," she hugged you. "Thank you for texting me, I'm so grateful that you jumped in as well," Cobie joined the hug. "You don't need to thank me," she smiled at her.

After Florence left to go home, you and Cobie decided to as well. "Come on, let's get you to bed," she picked you up bridal style, carrying you to her car. "Get some rest, we're a little far from home," she used her jacket as a blanket for you. "You're in that film," your words were slurred together due to the mixture of alcohol in your system and the fatigue you were feeling.

"I sure am," she laughed at your drunken state, happy you were acting a little bit more like yourself. "Thank you for saving me," you mumbled. "I will always protect you, honey," she kissed the top of your head before starting up the car and driving you both home.

Gently, she carried you up to bed, changing you into one of her hoodies and some shorts before crawling into bed next to you. "Goodnight, my love, sweet dreams," she wrapped an arm around your waist, holding you close to her.

a/n: i felt a little inspired so i quickly wrote this, im still ✨ taking a break ✨ because by saying that i feel like there's no pressure for me to post and that helps me mentally. it's not like people can tell me i can't post while im on a break anyway because it's none of your business <3. if anyone wants to talk about anything, my dm's are always open :).