Chapter 44 - Reader: (LOL)

Start from the beginning

The leftmost head – called Greenie – saw Du Ze and stiffened. It nudged the middle head which impatiently turned to look at Du Ze. The black-eyed head also went stiff. On the far right, the red-eyed head moved up and down, trying to catch a glimpse of what the other two were looking at but the other heads blocked its view: What happened? What happened?

Another silly Moe spirit beast.

Xiu soothed the Cerberus until it finally stopped whimpering and trembling in fright. The spirit beast flattened its ears against its skull and one of its heads obeyed Xiu’s command to search for Eddie. The remaining two heads stared at Du Ze. The reader could only think that it was good that he was drunk and did not participate in the fight earlier. Otherwise, the hellhound might have been frightened away by Du Ze’s presence and would have been lost, just like the Meow Star from before.

Cerberus guided them to an icy cliff. There was a cold wind blowing up from the abyss and Du Ze’s brain finally sobered up a bit when he saw Eddie hanging from a branch. Eddie saw Xiu at the edge of the cliff.

“Help me-”

Du Ze rubbed his temples but his head just ached even more painfully: Should he stop Xiu or should he let Xiu make the choice for himself?

While Du Ze hesitated, there came the sound of ice breaking, then came the sound of a heavy weight thudding on the ground. Eddie’s words reached Du Ze ears: “Thank you.”

Du Ze looked up in shock. At the edge of the cliff, Eddie sat on the ground, wiping away his cold sweat. Xiu was standing beside him, looking indifferent as always.

Why did Xiu save Eddie?

Du Ze was still confused when they arrived in Snowy Town. Eddie was very eager to bring the ice crystal grass to save his companion. Du Ze saw Rose for the first time. The girl who had been Xiu’s childhood sweetheart lay on a bed. Her skin was burned and covered with red and white blisters. The ice crystal grass gradually healed her. The festering burns slowly disappeared and the young girl’s previous beautiful appearance was restored.

In the original “Mixed Blood” novel, Xiu let that sc*m Eddie fall. However, Xiu went back to the cabin to save Rose. Xiu took care of her until she gradually recovered. Since his elf form has such godly beauty, naturally he was able to greatly increase his favorability rating before he played the scoundrel. Xiu said to Rose: “Wait here for me. After I return to the Elven forest, I’ll pick you up.” Rose happily agreed but she never saw the elf, who had promised to be with her, again.

A tooth for a tooth, an eye for an eye, that was the original Xiu’s decision.

Now… Du Ze looked at Eddie who was at Rose’s side. He is here taking care of Rose. It’s not going to be Xiu, the “stranger” elf, who will take care of her, so the plot won’t unfold that way now. So not only did Xiu prevent Eddie’s fall, he also decided to spare Rose?

“… Thank you very much!”

In the mercenary guild office, Eddie was both excited and nervous as he asked again: “I really don’t need to pay?”

Xiu took back his D-class mercenary card, coldly shook his head, and pulled Du Ze with him as he walked away.

“If you ever need me, please don’t hesitate to look for me!”