Chapter 37 - Reader: I don't know enough about him yet.

Start from the beginning

Du ze began to worry. He must be insane to actually rob the protagonist of his role! How can the protagonist increase his favorability rating with Ariel after this? But Du Ze found that he could not refuse to communicate with Ariel because the more they communicated, the more he found out how lonely she had been for such a long time. So some silly, cute person decided to constantly bring up the Lord during his chats with the elf princess, to sell that destined person to her.

After Du Ze racked his brains and piled up all the compliments he could think of, Ariel became interested in Xiu. She took a tree branch and wrote on the ground: [Is there really such a perfect person in this world?]

Du Ze nodded without hesitation, and Ariel continued to write: [Can you tell me more about him?]

Seeing that Du Ze was stupefied, Ariel wrote: [You describe him very well, it’s just …] Ariel paused and seemed to find it difficult to think of a proper adjective. [It feels unreal? He seems to be the perfect character that everyone likes to write about in poetry, like an abstract ideal. Can you tell me what he likes and what he wants to do? ]

Ariel looked hopeful, but Du Ze felt like his heart would stop at that moment.

– What does he like?

Strength, power, money, beauty, this is what the protagonist likes, all readers can say. But in that moment, Du Ze realized that he didn’t know what exactly that person likes.

– What does he want to do?

Xiu got to know him, Xiu stayed beside him, Xiu waited for him – the main character of “Mixed Blood” would not have done all of that.

When Ariel saw that Du Ze’s expression shifted many times, she was flustered and gesticulated with the branch: [What’s the matter? Did I say something wrong-]

“I realized that,” Du Ze’s voice was barely audible, “I’ve been unreasonable.”

From beginning to end, he only regarded Xiu as the protagonist and never thought of him as a person. Always clamoring and trying to influence the protagonist. He was too arrogant and ridiculous in trying to influence the protagonist. He knew what the protagonist of “Mixed Blood” wanted, but he has never bothered to find out what Xiu wants.

Ariel saw Du Ze lift his eyes and look at her. For the first time, he uttered a long sentence.

“I don’t know enough about him yet. Next time I will definitely tell you what kind of person he is.”

Ariel nodded absently. Although she did not quite understand what he said, she heard the earnestness and firmness in Du Ze’s voice. She looked at the black-haired man who had resumed his usual impassive expression and could not help but write on the floor: [Why are you unwilling to express your feelings? You’re always showing an expressionless face.]

Du Ze’s face was stiff as he calmly looked away, gazing at the elves in the distance. All of them, without exception, were coldly beautiful, glamorous, and aloof.

“They have no expression on their faces either …”

[They are different.] Ariel wrote urgently: [They are empty inside and out. They have no feelings to express.]

Du Ze was silent. In fact, he already knew that the elves have now entered a dead end and cannot come out of it.

Why is the Tree of Life polluted? What is this pollution? When the protagonist finally found a way to communicate with the Tree of Life, he learned everything.

The elves were the architects of their own destruction. The beautiful race misunderstood: they thought that unnecessary emotions would interfere with their development, so when each elf reaches a certain age they must undergo a “Rite of Passage.” They gave the Tree of Life the emotions that they think are superfluous, which made every elf emotionally detached.