A Lead

"Damm it!" I yell out in frustration as I trash our bedroom. OUR BEDROOM. I grip my hair and tug at it with force to cause me pain. It has been a week. A motherfucking week without my mate. I can feel her pain curse through my whole body, and I can't do shit to make her feel better. I have not been sleeping nor eating. My mind is set on, in finding my mate and bringing her back into my arms.

As I continue to trash our bedroom, there is little to nothing that has not gone thought my anger. I have destroyed the TV, curtains, the bed sheets, a random vase, and a photo of us. As I have had enough of my anger, I walk towards her drawer to try and to at least feel a little closer to her. I open up her shirt drawer and dive into it. Smelling her intoxicating scent. I pull out one of her favorite shirts and something slips out of the shirt to the floor. I look down and it's a picture. I kneel down and pick up the picture of a younger and happy Alex with another guy. He looks older than her for like about 2 years, and this guy is not her brother Mateo.

I turn around the photo and in her handwritten there is written: "Forever in my heart" After reading the message I turn once again the photo and trace my fingers around her beautiful face, hoping that I could actually touch her.

"Damm, everything alright in here?" A surprised gasp came from the door.

I turn around to see Mateo eyeing me up and down, worry in his expression. "I'm okay. You know this guy?" I ask as I hand him the photo and he lets out a slow whistle.

"This photo is from ages ago. I didn't even know Alexis had this photo" He said with a chuckle. I clear my throat and Mateo scratches the back of his head, seeing as I'm still waiting on an answer about the photo.

"Right. This is Elijah, the one that ran away, and died" Mateo said as he handed me back the photo. I look at the photo once more and I start thinking.

"What if he isn't dead?" I said as I kept on looking at the photo and then lifting my gaze up to meet with Mateo's eyes.

"What?" Mateo asked with a confused look on his face.

"Think about it, he left your pack once he found out he wasn't Alexis's mate. You all assumed he was dead. But what if he wasn't?" I said.

"That's a big 'what if' besides, we have been looking for the guy for like 6 years and we have come up with nothing" Mateo said as he crossed his arms around his chest.

"Maybe you weren't looking hard enough" I said.

"I'm with you in whatever decision you make" Mateo said, and I nod at him.

-

"This is what we got" I say as I slide the photo of Alexis and Elijah in the table. Everyone shifts their eyes from the photo and then towards me.

"This is a photo Mat" Sebastian said with a scoff.

"I know, but it's our only lead." I say as I keep my eyes on him.

"Mat, this won't take us anywhere, we have been searching for Elijah for 6 years" Lola said with exhaustion evident on her voice. I don't blame her we are all tired, but we haven't rest because we are determined in finding my mate.

"I know. But if he got his hands-on Alexis that easily, then that means that he was keeping a close eye on her. Which also means that he was never close to your packs territory's, but to mine" I say, and I see everyone nod in agreement.

"Okay, so what's the plan then? He probably left. He won't be easy to track down now."

"Yeah, but we can at least find some clues." I say with a firm look in my eyes.

"What you got?" Mateo asked as he crossed his arms around his chest and looked at me.

"Mateo you return to your pack and search the territory for any leads" I say to him and he nods his head. "Luca, Sebastian you search the mall once again with Lola for any type of clues that we would have missed the first time." I say and Luca gives me a nod and heads out of the office with Sebastian and Lola hot on his tail. "That leaves me and you Conrad with the pack's perimeter. I want the two of us to extend the packs border to about 100 feet. That should be enough distance from the packs border to not notice someone lurking in the words." I say and Conrad nods his head in understanding.

"You got it big bro" Conrad said and with that he left the office to do what I had just assigned him.

I look down to the table and extend my hand to pick up the photo. Once again, I trace my fingers around Alexis in an attempt to feel her. But like before it did not work.

"I will find you, my love. Even if it's the last thing I do" I say as I place down the photo and sprint out of the office, shifting into my wolf and running towards the woods.