Chapter 38 ~ Until Sunday

"Pansy I swear to god, shut the fuck up."

The mumbled words obviously didn't reach her ears as she banged around in the bathroom. 

I sat up in bed, rubbing my eyes viciously and cursing the higher power that gave Pansy a lack of hangovers. 

I wasn't necessarily hungover, I was just tired and in need of a good sleep in.

Checking the clock on the wall, I saw it was just before seven in the morning. 

My feet hit the floor but I quickly snatched them back up as the cold sunk into my bones. I grabbed my wand from the bedside table and cast a warming charm directly on my feet before slipping on the boots at the bottom of my bed.

If I was to name all the cons of this place, the dungeons in winter would definitely be a point.

I threw on some loose clothes and put my hair up, planning on going to the third floor. Draco and I were meeting in the room of requirements today.

Pansy was still doing whatever the hell she was when I walked past the bathroom.

It was too early on a Friday for anyone to be in the common room and the fire was low and crackling.

Tomorrow night was the new year's party. Sufficient to say Pansy was practically drowning in her excitement.

I stepped out of the portrait doorway and into the corridor, looking around to make sure no one could see where I was going.

I headed to the third floor, taking my time to get through through moving staircases. Some days they were cooperative and some days I thought they were slowly planning my demise.

As I walked towards the empty wall, I saw the door slowly start to form. The patterns that decorated them twisted and moved as the door appeared.

The door was silent as I pushed it open, making sure it was closed behind me. I could hear the shuffling of pacing, telling me Draco was already here.

I followed the pathway of rubbish, watching wearily as the very top pieces seemed to sway.

"Sodding hell, took you long enough," Draco swore from in front of the cabinet.

His hair was tousled andhe had, if possible,  even darker bags hung under his eyes. He looked skinner than usual, having lost about 10 pounds in the last month from stress and not eating.

He was sleep deprived, malnourished and crumbling under the pressure of the oncoming war.

"Sorry, the stairs weren't cooperating."

I pulled a chocolate frog from my pocket, offering it to him. His eyes softened and he gave me a tight lipped smile.

"We can't wait any longer Draco," I said quietly while handing the frog to him.

He just nodded.

The cabinet was officially fixed, successfully transporting the living safely. We had tested it on Adrian Pucey, of all people. Needless to say he was pissed when we immobilized him and shoved him in the cabinet, but a quick obliviate fixed that easily enough.

I wouldn't have been sorry if something had gone wrong.

After several moments of silence, Draco sighed. "I'll go to the dark manner tonight. At best, we have two weeks before they take Hogwarts."

I swallowed thickly. I knew what I had bought into on the very day he showed me his mark. I wouldn't leave him behind now.

"As soon as we know when they're coming, you need to get the others and yourself out of here and don't come back until I tell you to," Draco said seriously. His voice wavered as he spoke and a hand slithered into his hair, tugging on it before dropping again.