Chapter 26 ~ Tricks

While I had been confident in my plans to best Mattheo and prove that my worth was greater than his, it turned to be a complete waste of my time.

I left my final class of the day feeling like exactly what he had called me. A whore.

My shorter skirt, bold makeup and undone buttons only proved to attract the attention of horny 5th years who believed complimenting my tits would get me in bed with them.

It amazed and repulsed me how exactly the male population believed perverting and flirting were the same thing.

Even when I saw Riddle in the corridor, he never once looked at me, or would look past me.

It drove me just a little crazy, though I would never admit that.

I won't go into detail of the day or its contents but for anyone that asked, it was humiliating.

Now Pansy and I sat on our beds, surrounded by clothing.

We were trying to decide what clothes to bring and wear at the Malfoy manor. We both had too much stuff to bring it all with us and I still had clothing back home.

"Merlin, the difficulties of being female," Pansy said, clearly frustrated.

I giggled and grabbed another random outfit, holding it against my body. "What do you think of this one?"

"Its horrendous, ghastly almost," the witch said, dramatically flailing her arm in a air.

I threw the clothing to the side, were we had agreed the "never to touch again" pile was going.

Pansy reached off the side of the bed and collected a shirt with some random other clothing, including ripped jeans and a jacket. She murmured a sound of approval before spinning around to show it to me.

I had to admit, while basic, it was a good outfit and threw it into my open and messing trunk, not bothering to fold the items.

Once we had a planned outfit to go for every day, which was rather unnecessary, our night had been spent.

We tucked ourselves into bed for the last time this term and waited excitedly for the trip home tomorrow.

...

I awoke on the train, having been napping since we first arrived in our compartment. 

I had never actually been on the Hogwarts express, usually using a floo network as I didn't have the patience for modern transport.

Pansy slept next to me, resting her head on my shoulder.

Draco, Blaise and Theodore sat on the other side, though Theo's head was rested on Blaises shoulder, asleep.

Blaise didn't look amused.

Draco was off in fantasy land, as usual.

We hadn't discussed the cabinet since that day in the room of requirement, it felt so long ago even if it was only two days.

We had agreed not to do anything about it until after the holidays. We wanted to enjoy being kids while we still could.

This holiday would prove to be one of the best of my life, even if it was clouded over by the ever impending doom of war.

Draco and I shared a look as I raised my head off the window. It was one of mutual compassion.

"How far away are we?" I asked him.

He checked the watch on his right wrist. "About an hour away."

I nodded and turned to Blaise, my face lighting up in amusement at the light snore that came from Theo as he adjusted his head on the other boys shoulder.