꩜ Chapter 1 ꩜

A/N: This is my first attempt at a story, I promise the writing and grammar gets better. There will be a lot of mature themes and I don't really know where I'm going with it but we'll see how it turns out?

...

I fucked up. 

My stomach churned with a mix of emotions, mostly anxiety and frustration, as I watched the house elves float my bags down the staircase and into the drawing room. My father stood off to the side beside the couch, brown eyes cast downwards like he almost felt guilty. He looked tired and overworked with greying hair and developing wrinkles, but guilty nevertheless.

Hogwarts, School of Witchcraft and Wizardry. My father never appreciated it, having hated his school years enough to not send his own child there. But now? Now he was throwing me to the wolves of society, hoping I would make it out in one piece on the other side. I had been perfectly fine being home schooled but apparently my "troubling behaviour" had me being sent away to lesser education. 

I knew I could be difficult, pushing boundaries just to see how much I could get away with.  I could get away with a lot, but now it seemed my luck had run out.

Our house elves, Lily and Mossy, were my closest friends. It hurt to leave them, all because of the straw that broke the camel's back  I was getting older, more troublesome and rebellious. Pushing just a little too hard at the boundaries set around me. And finally, my father had just seen an opportunity to shove me into someone else's hands and taken it.

I slowly turned and waved to the tutors and staff who had practically raised me in the last five years. They had gathered along the walls of the drawing room to see me off. My father owned a successful business in the Wizarding world, making good money. We owned a large house and had staff for a number of jobs. Over the years many had become like family to me.

The room around me wavered as my eyes clouded for a moment. I took one last look at my Dad before turning to grab a handful of floo powder. He gave me a tight lipped smile, doing his best to keep the frown I sent him from affecting his mood.

I smiled at Lily and Mossy who had sad looks on their faces and solemn attitudes. I was going to miss them more than anyone in this house. The two elves each gave me a quick hug before ushering me towards the fireplace that resided on the left wall of the drawing room. "Go on Miss, Lily and Mossy will be here when you get back," they reassured me. I stepped into the fireplace and stated my destination before throwing down the powder in my hand. Green flames licked up my sides and engulfed me as I felt my stomach lurch.

Catching myself when I landed, I stepped out of the new fireplace and looked around the new room I was in.

In the centre was a desk covered in papers and quills, two chairs sat facing it. Next to the desk was what looked like a bird stand though there was nothing currently perched on it. A small staircase twisted up the back of the office leading to what was probably a personal quarters. Slightly turning, I saw a burning fire on the opposite side of the room and a bookcase covering the wall on the other.

The room was cozy and large, covered in different nick-nacks and items. 

The sound of someone clearing their throat startled me and I whipped around to see an old man in draping robes. I myself wore a dark grey set of robes, ones sent by owl a few weeks prior.

The famous wizard was easily recognisable as Albus Dumbledore, headmaster of Hogwarts and proclaimed as one of the most powerful wizards of all time. His light smile perfectly mimicked the one that shined at me on chocolate frog cards. 

"Welcome Miss Holt, I hope you found your trip here smooth."

I politely nodded. "I don't know if I'll ever be entirely used to the feeling of using the floo network."