Cal laughed. "Okay, good."
"Well, his name is Jason," Leo whispered, though there was no one around to listen.
"Ew. Weird name." she said.
"I know. But it's complicated."
"Couldn't be that bad."

"Alright. So, where do I start? He was dating this girl called Drew who was a bitch-"
"Wait," Cal cut him off. "Is he straight or-"
"Don't talk over me. We'll get to that. Anyway, so he and Drew were dating, whatever. I liked him. He's hot. I mean- never mind. Then I was talking to him outside our friends' house. Then he kissed me. Yes, while he was still with Drew."
"Damn."
"Yeah. Anyway, our friend, Hazel saw. Jason literally just ignored us for the rest of the night. Then I talked to Hazel about it. I didn't want to out Jason to anyone else, which is why you're the first person I've told."

Cal listened carefully. He felt bad, ranting about his own love problems while knowing she liked him.
"So, anyway, he broke up with Drew. Then at this overnight school thing, he kissed me again. He hasn't talked to me since. It's been what? Two, three weeks? I fucking hate him."
"When you said it's complicated, I didn't think you were telling the truth." she muttered.

Leo shrugged, suddenly realizing how angry he was. And how much pain he was in.
"I hate him. So much." Leo said to himself. "Sorry, Cal."
"You don't have to be sorry. Jason has to be sorry. I hate him, too. Punch him."
He laughed. "Good idea. Let's not talk about him. The Solaces are at a pub. Naomi is singing or something. Let's go."
"Naomi sings every year. But my moms would kill me."
"Just say I'm the bad influence," Leo grinned.
"You are a bad influence. Let's go."

• • •

They heard the music minutes before they reached it. Apparently, Naomi wasn't the only one singing.

They walked in together, instantly spotting Will and Kayla jiving very badly. Will saw Leo and Cal and ran over to them.
"You two finally came. Wassup?"
"Will, you're not 21."
"Yes I am!" Will yelled, then whispered. "Shush. Lee is buying us all the drinks."
"I think the barman would know at this stage," Leo said. "Plus aren't your younger cousins a little.. y'know, young?"
"Oh, yeah. Gracie, Jerry and Yan aren't here. Kayla isn't drinking. Don't worry about it!"

Leo looked around the pub- he spotted Naomi with her guitar, plenty of people singing along with her. The pub was completely full. Will, Cal and Leo managed to find a place to sit down beside the other cousins.
"Gosh, Leo. You're my student, it feels wrong offering you a drink. But what do you want?" Lee asked.

"Couldn't you get into trouble because of this?" Cal asked.
Lee laughed. "Only if the cops show. Which they won't. The barman has known our family for years. So, what do ya want?"
Leo and Cal shrugged simultaneously.
"Fine, it'll be a surprise," Lee went up to the bar.

• • •

Half an hour later, Leo was dancing around the pub with anyone and everyone.
One hour later, Leo was throwing up
Two hours later, Leo was dancing again.
The pub was closing when they left. All of them.

"My moms are killing me!" Cal said, walking across the street.
"Trust me," Latricia said. "Jo cannot be mad at you when I've seen her in that pub plenty of times, way worse."
Cal laughed. "Seriously?!"

They all walked Cal home, like drunk bodyguards. Plenty of them. Leo couldn't believe how cool Will's family was.
"I'll see you tomorrow morning before you go," Cal promised. "Goodnight!"
"Night!" Leo and Will called.

• • •

Leo woke up feeling even worse than the morning after Reyna's party. He checked the time and almost had a heart attack. They were way behind schedule. He still hadn't packed.