C H A P T E R T W O

Start from the beginning

"Good thing I listen to my gut aye?" she thought to herself. She picked up each dress and payed it out on the bed, before picking up her phone and turning the camera around. "Pick." she instructed Nia.

The dress on the left was the longest out of the three, and was a deep green colour. It had one strap, leaving the left shoulder bare. Nia loved this dress, and had stolen it of Thea a couple if times, but knew it was too flashy for where Lando was taking her, and wouldn't complement what he was wearing (she had been sent a picture yesterday from Lando for her fashion approval).

The middle dress was short enough to rest halfway up Thea's thigh, and had long off the shoulder sleeves. The material was a pastel yellow colour, and the necklace aloud room for a simple necklace.

The dress towards the right was the same length as the middle, but a deep blue. This dress had thin straps that went over the shoulders, crossed along the back. Nia imagined it with a pair of black tights, and black shoes, and knew it was perfect.

"The right one. With some black tights and those boots you always wear." she told Thea. Dorothea thanked her friend before placing her phone back against the table. She took the dress and a pair of
tights, and went into the bathroom to change.

Once she was in the dress she looked at herself in the mirror. She smiled to her self as she admired her features. She saw her mother.

Her mother had always been a beautiful woman, and Thea's ultimate goal as a child was to grow up looking like her mother. She had succeeded. Everyone who knew her mother would comment on how much they looked like each other.

Thea took a deep breath before she eyed her butterfly hair clip resting on the counter. She used it to hold her hair back, but let a couple of front pieces fall down to frame her face.

Once satisfied, she walked out of the bathroom and back towards her phone, twirling around in front of Nia. Nia clapped a hand to her mouth. "Uh- are you single? Can I date you? Please?" she asked.

The pair laughed as Thea sat down on the chair i front of the table. She and Nia talked for a while as Thea waited for Lando at pick her up. As they talked, a notification showed on Thea's phone, and she squinted her eyes at it.

INSTAGRAM | lando.norris.4 has requested to follow you
13.41 pm

INSTAGRAM | lando_mclaren has requested to follow you
14.04pm

INSTAGRAM | landonorriswife4 has requested to follow you
17.03pm

"Hey are you okay?" Nia aaksed, as notice her friends expression fall slightly.

Thea shook her head dismissively, "Yeah I'm fine." she assured her friend.

Nia frowned. "No you're not. What's up?"

Thea sighed. "I've just been getting people requesting to follow me all afternoon. Lando's fans. Some guy photographed us walking together earlier and they've all gone crazy." she let out a small laugh, to try and make herself feel better about the situation. "Stupid." she muttered to herself.

Nia's face scrunched up in disgust. "Ew. That's so creepy. Are you okay?"

"Oh no I'm fine really. I just keep having to delete follow requests that's all." she said.

Nia gave her a sympathetic look. She knew Thea didn't like the press, which is why Nia had never posted anything about their friendship on her public social media account, knowing how much attention Thea would get.

Even the WTF1 team knew how much Thea cracked under massive amounts of pressure, so on their instagram, only Katy, Matt and Tommy were posted.

Both Nia and Lando had private instagram accounts, that only friends like George Russell, Alex Albon, Lando's friend Max Fetwrell, and some of Nia's DTM and Formula Three buddies like Liam Lawson and Dennis Hauger were on, so that they could post things they didn't necessarily want their fans to see, like outings with Thea or family.

Thea loved her friends for this, as instead of commenting about how much of a struggle it was to keep her private, they made sure she felt safe from the attacking fans.

There was a knock at the door, and Lando's voice shouted from the other side. "Thea! You better be ready and not sleeping!"

Both Thea and Nia giggled at Lando, before Thea bid Nia goodbye, ending the call. She grabbed her bag, placed her phone inside, walking towards the door.

She opened the door. "Jeeze could you be more impatient?" she teasers. She took in what he was wearing and blinked.

He was wearing a slightly baggy white shirt, and the top couple of buttons were undone, showing his tanned skin from all the travelling. He wore black trousers and shoes, and he had left his hair curly. A few curls had fallen down in front of his forehead, and his mouth was parted slightly.

His eyes looked her up and down as he spoke, "You look," his words caught in his throat, "amazing."

Thea could feel her cheeks heating up. "You don't  shape up too bad", she said, smiling at him. He returned the smile, holding his hand out for her to take. She did, and she locked the hotel door behind her as she and Lando walked towards the elevator, hand in hand.

————

nia cate = ultimate lea shipper

that's their ship name btw

lea

lando + thea + lea

it was that or thando and to me that just looks like
thanos