16

Hello! I know I have not been too active, just had a small set of writer's block and assignments, but I should be able to get more done. So, I have a few questions and wondered if anyone could help me. Please, let me know what you're thinking.

1. What do you want from this series? Or this book in particular.
2. Do you like where the chapters are heading so far or is all of this bollocks?
3. How can I entice you all for feedback?

Love, BlondeDecember1

**********

CHAPTER 16

I throw my legs over an old, rustic-looking dumpster that looked exactly like one in the outskirts of any city back in the human realm, covered in graffiti too, however this kind could move. Genevieve drops down next to me, "Look, thank you for what you did back there. I'm almost surprised that you haven't asked me how I knew him."

I glance at her, "It took a while for even me to open up and I knew an enemy when I saw one. I take he deserved to burn in hell." I add, considering it seemed the most fitting. She purses her lips and nods. I take a breath and keep the dusty air from getting too far into my lungs with the humid air until I needed that brush of cold against me. Genevieve takes a breath too and stills.

I look around, "What?" Her heart races, she's on edge. She stares at something in the dark and I tense.

"Run. We need to run, now." She bleeds out, running for me, I begin doing so myself when I hear the roughest sound, like rock against flesh. It screamed and writhed like a body being carved from the inside out and it shattered around us when the rock began peeling off the ceiling one by one. Flipping over a larger formation of rock, I get sliced against the cheek and grunt before it heals while we ran. She sprints well, her stamina and coordination better than it was before.

"This way!" She calls out, grabbing my hand and pulling us straight for an exit door with more graffiti against it. The door slams shut and we're engulfed in eternal darkness. I snap my finger and conjure a ball of fire in my palm from the clam mines of my own oily sweat. She's breathing swiftly next to me, "That was close."

"Exactly how do you know this place, Genevieve?" I ask her, worry in my thoughts but far from my lips. She didn't need to hear those fears when I could smell hers from a mile away. She still let it linger, like dirty water. Her abilities ranged between the way of the water and the depths of soil.

"That's difficult to explain, alright. That thing you killed, he was easy to burn. You didn't notice that?" She asks me.

"I noticed he had a few too many skins on him, hounded his fucking nails, that's for sure. He's scum and you looked at him like death of thy parasite is a world's haven, so—logically, I thought he could drop dead."

"You two finished?"

I hitch a breath when I overhear a rough voice echo and curse a tune when I find the eyes of one particular creature I thought would catch the hint, "Fucking hell, Elias, how did you get out?" I spit, slicing the ear when I flash the light closer and he eyes the power with an astounded expression, before eyes that move to me.

Genevieve grabs my arm, "He didn't. Look." She whispers, pointing to where Elrond stands. And Creed. The rest of Legion, Serenity, and Taylor. Athena stepped forward too, but there wasn't any scents visibly or factually tastable in the air.