05

CHAPTER 05:

I didn't realise the best part of understanding computers more so than people, was being able to screw with the people who thought they had majors in these subjects. I watch in fascination when all their screens go black after I send the reboot in and Rowan is barking orders about the generator, until all screens come back on at my command. I type in something on screen and Rowan freezes, they all do.

I. Don't. Need. Combat. To. Beat. You. Professor.

I smile slowly as Hale stares at the screens, then slowly to Rowan, everyone looks up at him while my message is on screen, he slowly looks around the room, "Does she have access to our cameras right now? Someone find out, now!" He orders, Credence and the rest of them move to the computers, while I watch Creed lean against the railing, staring at my message. Rowan turns to face Athena, she hides her smile well and turns away.

"Where are you going?" He barks at her.

She leaves without another word, then the phone in the control room rings next to me, I answer it with a grin, "Speaking." I say, knowing its Athena.

"I don't know who you're mocking here. Me or them." Athena chuckles on the other side.

"Is he pissed enough? Was hoping to make the bloodsucker angrier." I shrug.

"Hale will override the order to keep the yoga class. It was established by a soft therapist three years ago, and at this rate, Rowan will ask the board to have it terminated just to make you train with them. While you're showing off your hacking skills, I need you to find something within those walls. Release your control on the creatures, they are programmed to scare, not hurt, Celeste. I'll send you map coordinates, it's a USB you'll find on the lava level. The place looks similar to the one in your training. You'll know where to look. Grab it, we might be able to get something off of it." She instructs, ending the call.

In annoyance, I release the commands of the creatures to return to their chambers, along with access to the cameras. Rowan is back to watch all screens and then barks for cameras in the control room. On me. I remove my access on their cameras, grabbing an earpiece that generates an image over my eyes, giving me access to the route Athena mentioned.

I release my pony-tail and hide the earpiece when I knew the cameras flicked back on. Typing a send code to my IP address and applying more firewalls, I ignore the zooming in of the cameras around me. I knew they were watching, because after I'd logged out of the screen, it opened on one of the fifty computer screens and there Rowan was, arms folded, surrounded by Legion who moved away from their computers, "What is she doing?" Audio was on, Credence's voice echoed.

Rowan leaned in, "Send a group of Hellhounds behind that door." He orders.

"What if she goes through the vents again?" Arya asks him.

"She shouldn't be able to know the structure of those vents." Rowan mutters.

Hale snaps her eyes to him, "Then how does she? You said she lasted the longest, she knew the vents of the school and somehow managed to get to the library, find out how." She snaps.

Rowan looks to her slowly, "This particular student just got lucky, Headmaster. Instead of giving me orders on how I run my operations, why don't you go ask Athena? She's close with this student." He hisses.

Hale narrows her eyes at him, "What are you talking about? They only met on the day the child beat you." She says slowly.

Another professor stepped up, moving behind Rowan, "We believe she helped Athena with locating Jensen." I make a note to tell Athena to check her freaking office for cameras. Right after that curfew that day, he's been acting weird since, Rowan that is. A vampire doesn't normally lose their humanistic flaws like that, and he's been losing his cool since.