10

CHAPTER 10:

He moves his plate away, "Your ability to teleport, the same way I got from A to B. I borrowed the powers of the long lost heir to the ancient Leviathan throne. I would get a lot of money if I supposedly saved you from a certain kidnapping and in exchange, I'll let you live. Change the order of this fucked up world." I blink, okay—totally different throne.

I look at all of him, "What?" I ask, scowling.

He studies me, "Ah, you were so young, you wouldn't remember, but after generations of research, this will make history, but will be written the right way, your majesty. It took me a long time to figure it out, but once I looked back at our ancient books that hadn't been eradicated, I found something very interesting. Even peculiar if I were to use the human British accent of yours." He says slowly.

I just stare at him blankly, "You are literally just sprouting gibberish right now. I have no idea what you're even on about." I tell him, raising an eyebrow.

He leans forward, pulling out a dagger, "Silver should hurt you, yet it does nothing." He says, pushing it flat against the skin of my neck. I stare up into his eyes, before hearing a small creak outside and in that same second, glass shatters before Noris is shot back with...an arrow protruding out of his neck. The blood gurgles down as the front door of the cabin opens.

I snap my eyes to Creed's menacing expression as he moves his bow back on his shoulder.

I move my tied-up hands in a 'what the fuck' gesture, "I was not done talking, Creed."

He gives me a deadpanned look, "Oh, I'm sorry, do you want me to turn back time so he can be close enough to hurt you more than he already has?" He questions me, unsheathing his dagger, about to slice the rope but I burn it in seconds as I stare at him. He switches the light on in the cabin as it gets darker outside, shocking me when he tilts my head to the side.

I look up at him, "It's healed, werewolf, remember." I tell him, looking back at Noris.

He grabs my shoulder, "You don't need to look." He whispers, stepping forward before one of his arms circle my shoulder, the other around my waist, "Let's get out of here, alright." He says down to me.

"I've seen dead bodies before and I want to look around. See if he has files or anything. Before burning the evidence. How did you know I was here?" I ask him, moving the chair and glancing around the room, his towering form forced me to look around him while he just gives me a determined, concentrated look.

"I knew something was off when you were nowhere to be seen for a full day, and conveniently, neither was this bitch." He points at the dead Noris.

"He didn't deny going after girls with my appearance. This place is secret, far enough from the school and I can practically feel Rakon pacing out there in the landing." I tell him, kicking down another room and finding an office, "How long have you been here?" I ask him when he follows me inside, struggling to fit in the door and making me crack a smile at that.

He stares at me, "Okay, what the fuck, Celeste?"

I blink and look at him, "Thanks?" I pose as a question.

His nostrils flare, "Are you freaking kidding me? He held a dagger to your throat, slammed a fucking bat against your head and ate dinner in front of you like a psychopath, he's connected to other murders, and to Jensen and you're as calm as if you took a stroll through the woods!" He snaps.